Thursday 5 February 2009

Soojin's respons writing about Euthyphro

Socrates is very famous person in the world. I haven't read the book, so though it is difficult to understand in English, I'm happy to receive it. In the introduction, the situation between Euthyphro and Socrates is very interesting. They met in the court and confronted different situation. Socrates are defending from other people and Euthyphro are prosecuting, which he accuse his father. In this part, situation catched my attention but also their argument is interesting. Euthyphro said that his bihavior which prosecute his father who is murderer is holy and Socrates asked that what is holy and unholy thing? Until page 7, I also consider about holy and unholy. Actually, my major is theology, so, in the field, my seniors and my friend aruge that what holy is and how we keep it. Whenever we argue the topics, the argument always hot.

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see what a theology major makes of Socrates and Euthyphro's discussion of the holy as the dialogue continues.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.