Sunday 13 February 2011

Is Abhisit's government democratic?

I will email you my essay explaining why I think that, although I don't like him and his presidency, I do think that Bush's controversial election in 2000 was democratic. But I've also previously stated that, although I do like him and think he's probably the the most promising and decent Thai politician around, Abhisit's current government is not democratic (Peter, 2011).

I have not actually written the essay to support this answer to the question about Abhisit's government, but I've thought about it enough to be confident that I can support it. I suspect that at least a couple of people disagree with me (Niche, 2011). Please feel welcome to present your argument against me, or to support me if you agree.

If you would like to further discuss one of the other questions we've been working on over the past few weeks, you are welcome to write up your ideas as a blog post for discussion on that topic.

___________
References

Niche. (2011, February 7, 7:35 PM). What does it all mean? [comment]. Class Blog - AEp at AUA. Comment posted to http://peteraep.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-does-it-all-mean.html

Peter. (2011, February 7, 6:32 PM). What does it all mean? [comment]. Class Blog - AEp at AUA. Comment posted to http://peteraep.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-does-it-all-mean.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.