Wednesday 27 April 2016

Do you like fast food?

Source background
In "High Levels Of Fecal Bacteria Found On KFC's Ice," Tom Hale (2016) says that KFC has insisted that it has taken immediate steps to fix the discovery by a BBC TV show which discovered and reported that the ice sold with drinks in a KFC shop in England had dangerous levels of bacteria of bacteria from fecal contamination, most likely from a staff member who, it is implied, did not wash their hands after going to the toilet.

_______________________________________ 

My Yes/No question is:
Do you like fast food?

My answer is:
Yes, do. 

I don't like KFC, but I do like fast food. It's probably about forty (yes, 40) years since I've eaten KFC, which tastes bland and oily to me. I remember when KFC first opened in my local town where I went to high school - it was a major event. The local news was full of it, and there were long queues of eager customers waiting to get some. I was very annoyed that my mum didn't join them!

In those days, I was also fond of hamburgers. And I still am, although not the McDonald's ones, which. much like KFC, are boringly bland. But there are some great hamburger places in Sydney. There also used to be a good one in the supermarket at Paragon, but it closed a couple of years ago. It was replaced by the Dock - an oyster bar. On the whole, I think the Dock is even better. And one of my friends' young (now 9) sons loves it. Every time we visit Paragon, no matter how much else we've already eaten for lunch, we have to get a dozen or so oysters. I like the Sydney rock oysters, but usually get half a dozen of some other type as well.

Mmm ... now I need a snack before I go to bed, and not an oyster to be had in my home.

Almost forget to mention that one of my favourite fast foods is the excellent kai yang I regularly buy from the stall in front of my condo. It makes a great snack with or without somtam.

Fortunately, I have half a baguette and some Brie that should keep me going until tomorrow morning.
___________
Reference
Hale, T. (2016, April 25). High Levels Of Fecal Bacteria Found On KFC's Ice. IFLScience. Retrieved from http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/high-levels-bacteria-poop-found-kfcs-ice

15 comments:

  1. Actually, even not the fast food, there is a one-Michellin -star I-san restaurant on the Sala-Dang street. The spicy fried chickens there are very delicious besides Som Tam Pla Ra. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and No. Actually, I eat fast food a lot in Japan. But, in Thailand, I don't eat fast food. The taste is different, I don’t like them. Anyway, if someone recommends a fast food shop, I will try to go there and taste it. For finding new taste….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do. Moreover, KFC is one of my favorite fast food restaurants in Thailand because they have many menu which are adapted to match with Thais.

    Their popular menu which may be sold only in Thailand are spicy rice with chicken and tuna salad which are less oil and spicy than other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't. There are two reasons why I don't like fast food. Firstly, it enables you to become unhealthy because most fast food, such as hamburger, french fries or spicy fried chicken not only has few vegetables , but possesses lots of fat and oil. Consequently, people eating fast food too much are more possible to get diseases, like diabetes, hypertension or heart disease than people eating a lot of vegetables and fruit.
    Secondly, most fast food is more expensive than another food that sell in stalls or markets. For example, I have to spend 155 baht for a deluxe cheeseburger set, including a deluxe cheeseburger, a cup of cola and french fries. In contrast, I pay 40 baht for rice topped with stir-fried pork and basil or fried rice with pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the kai yang my local stall sells fast food? It's even faster than KFC!
      I guess if rice topped with stir-fried pork and basil is made fresh it might not be so fast, but I don't think it's slow.

      Delete
    2. And since I've commented on the word so as I proofread couple of your paragraphs, what does it mean in my previous comment? What doesn't it mean?

      Delete
    3. In terms of my opinion, I don't tell how much time that rice topped with stir-fried pork and basil is cooked. I mean in the second paragraph, it shows that some fast food, especially western-style fast food is more expensive than general Thai dishes.

      Delete
  5. Yes I do, Mcdonalds and KFC are my favorite fast food restaurant. I think their foods are delicious and the price is affordable. Also, it is very convenient to eat fast food because it is everywhere. Macdonald and KFC have many branched in Bangkok and it's also fast to get the food after ordering and paying money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I like fast food, but not include junk food. Someone think they are the same, but it is not true, just similar only they serve quickly. However, fast food have more good nutrient than another one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do like it. Although there has been a lot of bad news happening about cleanness of fast food like such an article, I still eat is as usual. I don't really suppose that it taste bland like Peter but it's rather oily for sure.

    We are in the fast lane and eating fast food is convenient and appeals to me. I prefer fried foods, so it is not surprised to eat fast food at KFC, McDonald, or similar ones. However, I am quite careful to eat it too much. It's not healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I like fast food because I think it is quite delicious. I love fried chicken in KFC and double cheese burger in McDonald. When I was young, I had fast food once a week. However, I have reduced the amount of fast food I consume to just once in 2 or 3 months. Many evidences proof that fast food is dangerous because it is frozen foods and the cooking environment in the restaurant is not clean enough. So, I try to stop eating fast food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I do. KFC is the restaurant that I visit most because it is convenient and cheaper when comparing it to other fast food restaurants. KFC also developed some menus to be quite similar to Thai food such as rice with green curry and chicken. So, this promotes Thai people to eat KFC.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.