Wednesday 7 May 2008

Would you like to live in Steinbeck's Soledad?

According to Stienbeck, Soledad is a place that is in the rural area and still abundant with beautiful nature. There are many large green trees, animals, streams or rivers . This atmosphere remind me when I was in the Vancouver, Canada last 3 years ago. I love this environments. It looks fresh and relaxed when I think of green areas and many green mountains. Moreover, in the rural area like Soledad give me a feeling of slow pacing society and people can do their activities without pressure. I can appreciate with the beautiful natural environment. When I compare it with the complex and rush society like life in Bangkok where I live, it is very diffirent. I rather like life in rural country that I can spend my time doing everything. So when I read Stienbeck book, I feel relax and fresh ,and if I have an opportunity, I would like to go there for a few weeks to enjoy my life,escaping from the busy society. But i don't want to stay long because I don't like the sytle of people in the ranch that seems a little bit strang and not friendly for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kwan,
    I like your ideas, and tend to agree with them. I don't what that area of California is like today. I suspect it is very different. Steinbeck's novel is set in the 1930s, which was eighty years ago now.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.