Friday 14 December 2018

Popular in Thailand today

What I read

I assume that we are all regular users of Google's search tools, but did you know that you can also search Google's search statistics? Google Trends provides a variety of ways to find out what people around the world are using Google to find out about. For example, the most popular Google searches in Thailand for the last few days have been: 


We also learn that searches on "vegetarian" are globally far more popular than searches on "meat eating":


And that Thailand has a conspicuous surge during the second week of October. 
___________________________________ 

My response 

I've known about this cool tool from Google for a while, but haven't really played with it that much. In contrast, you might have noticed the nGram tool that had previously been the last entry on the list of "Useful References" on the right. nGram lets you easily check how often a word or phrase has been found in a vast collection of books over the past 200 years! For example, the use of the word "pizza" has exploded since the 1970s.

nGram seemed to me a bit easier to use than Google Trends, but I suspect that if I play around with it, I'll learn a lot more about how to use Google Trends. 
___________________________________ 

My question

Have you ever used either Google's nGram or Google Trends
___________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.