Tuesday 3 November 2020

Num-In two plus one

A Small Cheese Cake 

I never like blueberry chees cake until my friend sell it. First blueberry cheese cake that I had was an awful nightmare, the jam tasted like a medicine mixing with a toothpaste. After that experience I hate cheese cake ever since, until my friend gave me her home cook cheese cake to try and asked for a comment because she want to open a bakery shop, and a cheese cake is her first menu that she had develop it. I found that my attitude toward cheese cake was changed after I tasted it. Due to the cheese cake was delicious and tasted different from what I have ever had before. Once she opened her bakery shop, she makes her own blueberry jam which matched very well with the cake. She is really talented in baking a cheese cake.                      
____________________________________ 

Fresh Smell In Raining Season 

I like soil's smell when there is rain, but it hard to describe the smell in language. When I was young, I lived in a village, which there were not have cement roads, there were only have dirt roads link our community. During raining season, I always smell earthly scent. Moreover, you can also find this smell when you are in a forest or a park. This particular scent cause from dry soil got wet, which make me feel fresh and relax.  Therefore, the scent make me feel like that I am a tree which is waiting for raining season to enrich my life. I am wondering weather others like this kind of smell like me; however, I will recommend any of my classmate to smell it when there is rain. In contrast, today, I rarely smell the aroma because I live in a city, and roads around my neighbourhood are not dirt road. As a result, my favourite smell is hard to find.           
____________________________________ 

My Zombie Teeth

I never know how my front teeth could affect my eating process until last year. I had been broken it by KFC's chicken. You may surprise if you know that my front teeth is a fake teeth and you might wonder how KFC's chicken can cause me a miserable life after that. To get it straight, my front teeth was died 20 years ago because its root have a serious problem. However, the doctor healed it until my teeth could function perfectly and normally like others, but the status of the teeth was a dead teeth. The only problem is it wouldn't strong as a normal one. However, one evening after a long day of work, I ate so fast because of my hunger, I forgot that my Zombie teeth was so fragile. I had destroyed it by my hunger act, so I lost it forever. After that I noticed that front teeth is very important for my chewing process, I have a had time for eating something sticky and hard. Today, I am in a process to do dental implant, and during this time I have to wear an artificial teeth, so next year I can wear a new powerful Zombie teeth that can stay with me around 20-25 years.                  

____________________________________ 

Conclusion

In life, you have favour and unfavour things happen to you all the time. If it is bearable, then it find, unless things had happened, and you wouldn't have been able to change, just let it go. Don't keep holding unfavour things, disappointing feeling, or anger into your mind because it wouldn't make you happier.    


5 comments:

  1. Num, I like the smell of the soil too. It also reminded me about my childhood. I grew up in Bangkok, but at that time the city didn't have lot of cement roads. In my area, my aunty used to grew a small farm at our house. She had 10 ducks, 20 chickens, and three pigs. She also grew two or three of mango trees, durain trees, banana trees, and rose apple trees. I enjoyed helping her do the gardening. When helping out my aunty, I could smell lot of the smell of the soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, my first thought was that the Bangkok you described is not the Bangkok I know, but when I thought about it more, it makes sense. Even in my soi, which is between Silom and Surawong Roads, there are still a few homes with plenty of trees around, and the nearby Mango Tree restaurant is called that because of the old mango trees in the grounds of the converted house. But there are no homes with poultry or pigs.

      My own family had chickens, ducks, geese, pigs, cows and other animals, but we lived on a farm. Then I thought of my grandparent's home in town. They had a large backyard which included chicken, duck and geese pens, and the neighbour next door had a couple of cows. I'm not sure whether the towns still allow that or not.

      I still get to enjoy the sound of the rain beating down, but sadly, there isn't enough open land around to get the smell that would remind of my family home back in Australia.

      Delete
    2. I guess I could walk down to Lumpini Park, which would provide the smell, but I'm not so keen on walking in the rain.

      Delete
  2. Story of your friend cheesecake makes my mouth watering because I'm a cheesecake lover. I recommend you to taste other styles of these scrumptious cakes. For example, new york cheesecakes which are rich and have a creamy consistency, the fluffy and smooth cheesecakes like Japanese cheesecakes or the hottest one, basque Cheesecakes, have burning surface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phing can you recommend me the shop to buy all of those since not every bakery shop will have cakes with a delicious taste. :)

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.