Sunday 7 November 2021

Mook: My traveling diary



 I would say I am a little bit of a homebody and I don’t like crowded places such as department stores and some popular cafes. However, I am very fond of traveling and if I had a column in the New York Times, I would write about my travel experiences and interesting places around the world to visit once in your life. It is my way of broadening my views of the world. To me, traveling helps me grow up. I have gained many skills from traveling, including planning, time management and language.

Travelling has been my favorite thing since I was young. My first trip was to Australia with my grandmother. At that time, things were very new to me, including my first long flight to Sydney, and the little knowledge of the language I knew. I must admit that it was quite hard but worth it! I got to go to many wonderful places and attractions around Australia and I like the Opera House the most. I met new people and I made friends there. It was a great time. I still remember myself crying on the day I had to leave Australia. I was yet to explore more of the country and to see more of its beauty. And that was the beginning of me loving traveling. Moreover, it was also the beginning of my language learning,

Traveling is a way to enjoy yourself.  It can give you the inspiration and motivation to do things. To me, I think I am better and happier when traveling. I like being in new scenarios and seeing things I’ve never seen before. I value my time that is spent traveling a lot because it is the only time I can put my work aside, relax my mind and take a small break. But, traveling can sometimes be challenging, especially when you first travel alone or to places you’ve never been to before. The difference between cultures, food, accommodation and languages can be overwhelming. Some people may find themselves unfamiliar with the situation. With this idea, I would also like to include a few traveling tips for my readers. For me, if you plan to go on a trip alone, you must make a list of your emergency contacts in case you lost your belongings and give your travel plans to your family or friends back at home in case of emergency.

I used to read so many travel blogs and watch travel videos in the past. The information is very useful for me to plan my trips with my family. For me, browsing through those travel blogs is somehow addicting. At some point, I already found myself binge reading them everyday. Some of the places I found in the blog that interest me are the shimmering shores of the beach in the Maldives, a gallery located in the submarine base and the beautiful Lake Tahoe in California. Apart from traveling, I also like taking photos of landscape and scenery and I have been keeping those photos as a memory that I’ve been to that place once. So I always think that it would be great if I could write one of those travel columns myself.

There are so many places around the world that I have not been to and I have not known of. It might even take more than a lifetime to visit all of them. Every place has their beauty and their uniqueness. And I would like to share how amazing those places are to the world.






 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching travel vlogs and I love to spend time and money travelling with friends and family. If I am good at photography and filming, I would be a video blog creator, creating diary life and travel no matter how many followers I have.

    I didn’t know whether I liked to travel or just hated studying or working. Actually, there are two things I really hate about traveling. First is planning. When you have to arrange time and place, it is very boring and a little complex. Second, I hate it the most. When the trip ends, it makes me feel a little bit depressed about facing the real world. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mook, I always think that I am a weird person since I don't like to listen to music. I found it was noisy, annoying, and distraction while people were reading or trying to get some sleep amid the music turn on. However, I had went to some concerts Modern dog was the band I bought the ticket for. Although I didn't like to listen to songs that much, but Modern dog is my favorite band. Since they outstanding and unique at that time. Their music video was also very different from other band in the same era.

    I went to their concert only one time when I was teen. It was a concert that was anniversary for 20 something years. I cannot remember the exact year numbers. But I was entertained by went to the show. I danced and screamed a lot. My body had gotten ache the next day after the concert.

    Going to concert is life experience that different from listening to the music. The surrounding atmosphere creates the excitement and joy to their audiences. It was an experience that I never miss.

    Thank you for reminding me to the happy moments in my teen's life.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.