Monday 31 August 2009

I listened to this talk in this afternoon and I found it really useful for worker in this era.
He spoke so fast and also used many difficult words that not easy to me to catch up.

De Botton talk about his idea and attitude toward success.



Thank for listening.

Waiting, I have to understand more clearer before I discuss his idea.
However, as I got some of his word, I agree with his idea.
__________
References
Alain de Botton (speaker) & TEDtalksDirector (producer). (2009, July). Alain de Botton: A kinder, gentler philosophy of success. TEDtalksDirector on YouTube. Retrieved August 31, 2009 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSE4rglxbY

3 comments:

  1. He uses the word claustrophobic near the end of his talk in a figurative sense. And that's a good indication of the level of his language for all 16 minutes: it isn't easy.
    He speaks very well, but he's also speaking fairly quickly here, which might also make him a little difficult to keep up with. It will be good practice.
    As I mentioned in class this morning, he also makes a lot of cultural references that he assumes his educated audience is familiar with, from modern life, through Shakespeare, to the classical literature of ancient Greece.

    I like de Botton's work, and I listened to his talk about a month ago; however, this is not an easy talk, and you might need to listen a couple of times, and perhaps stop and replay bits. Happily, it is easy to stop and replay bits using the YouTube controls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Peter, that it's quite difficult to understand with one times listening. Maybe, you have to listen two or three times for this talk: however, in my opinion, even though his words is quite difficult, he try to make you understand with give the definition of those words to you. Hence, the thing you must do is listen more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online crisis : social and reality...

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.