Thursday 13 November 2014

Thip's academic interests


Someone has said children know what they want to be in the future when they are still young. It’s impossible; on the other hand since I was 6 years old I have always said “I want to be a lawyer.” At the first time I thought it was a child’s thinking ; I might read Sherlock Holmes novel or watch detective cartoons movies too much so I just wanted look smart like them. As I was growing older, I kept on this thinking. I could not imagine myself in another profession. Becoming a lawyer has been my dream for a long time. I can say that my academic interests followed what I was reading or watching.

 As a result I chosen to study in the law major, this major has given me a new direction. I have known there are 2 kinds of lawyer – advocate lawyers and advisor lawyers - . Advocate lawyers they represent one of the parties in criminal or civil trails by proving evidence and arguing in the court to support their client. Another one is advisor lawyer who works on the companies and consults their client about their legal right, cbiligations, and course of action in business. This information has been a big influence on my life since that day I decided to be a advisor lawyer because advocate lawyer is not my way I thought If my client commit a crime, as a lawyer I would have to find any evidence to support them. It is professional ethic conflict.

From my point of view lawyer is similar to doctor who healing the physical part of patients  where as a lawyer heal people both physically and mentally. Lawyer is a profession which is honorable and important part of business such as taxation planning, due diligence and drafting contract, I think without lawyer many corporations would find themselves with problems such as what is the best way to run their corporations within the scope of the law. If I can be a lawyer I could help and advise them what to do in every possible way.

So I would like to work in a law firm that serve companies and work as a lawyer, helping companies run smoothly efficiently and within boundaries of the law.

Moreover, nowadays there is a legal professional crisis. In Thailand many companies have low investment money so they don’t get the right to have a lawyer. Because the lawyer fee is high, they don’t have enough money to employ any lawyers. Yet no one care about this problem. So as a lawyer I not only can help them to solve their problems with a cheaper fee but also reduce a legal professional crisis in Thailand.

So lawyer is my dream job and also my academic interests. I’m happy to do it.     

3 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed reading Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stores when I was young. They're also great fun on TV. If you like to keep the original time setting, the Jeremy Brett series is great - I'm amazed at well they could bring to life London in the late 19th century to early 20th, with the horse drawn hansom cabs, the gas lights, and so on, even the awful London smogs of the time from all the coal that was being burned.

    But I also like the latest series starring Benedict Cumberbatch, which is set in modern London.

    Thanks Thip for prompting these happy memories.

    The Brett series is on YouTube, but not the Cumberbatch reincarnation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I have loved detective stories. My favorite was Agatha Christie's, but I wanted to be another Agatha not Miss Marple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Agatha Christie too. Her detective Hercule Poirot looks normal but so smart.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.