Saturday 3 April 2021

Chight: an introduction in three parts

A book that I have enjoyed 



"Three Kingdoms" is a historical novel that I often follow. Whether in the form of a book or in a movie, I have enjoyed the chronicle of the great war. And it is rich in all fields of wisdom in politics, military, as well as various tricks.

Reading the Three Kingdoms has also encouraged me to absorb science, knowledge, lessons, thinking and practice, as well as seeing the results of decision making in various forms for effective application in business management in the present day.

Many people sayl, not only in business management, that they can take advantage of the "Three Kingdoms" to apply. In fact, whether it is a story in terms of life, work, thinking or  decisions, if you know how to apply it in a good way, it will likely benefit yourself more or less.

From reading the Three Kingdoms, in my attitude I found that Some people may be familiar with the term "Battle a hundred times, winning a hundred times" is probably the best. But in some ways, "he knows, we know, a hundred battles without defeat" seems to have a more extensive cause and effect. Because in some cases, being in a situation that is not defeated is already in a very successful position. There is no need to win, without opening the way to retreating or making friends.

All of the commentary that I have mentioned are all beneficial from the “Three Kingdoms” addiction, so I invite you to try and touch it once.



A film the I have not enjoyed 



Some movies are fun and some are not. One of the movies I did not enjoy is “The Mist.” Its story is about a group of people in a small town, the survivors trying to escape from the enormous fog that has covered the city. It intimidates the survivors by constantly absorbing things and the lives of the people of the city. It does this without any warning; no fixed place, no fixed time. 

The movie focuses on a group of survivors in a supermarket. These people were divided into two main groups. One of the groups wanted to share water, food, and supplies with other people outside the supermarket. The other group, however, did not want to share and wanted to keep the supplies for themselves.


Due to the disagreement, chaos begins. They started fighting and killing each other for the supplies, the only ones left was a small family of 2 parents and 1 child. The family left the supermarket, taking supplies and a gun with 3 bullets. Suddenly, A huge storm appeared before him. The man, the leader of the family, decides to do something to prevent everyone from being absorbed by the storm. He decided to fire his gun at his wife. Then at his son. But while he was about to kill himself on the last bullet, the storm disappeared and a confused ending was cut, showing the man as the only survivor of the town.


From all of this I said It's a very bad story in this movie. The experience that I got after watching the movie was so muzzy, giddy, and dizzy. From then to now I am still confused, what the writer and director of that movie want to convey.


words = 289




My regular habit




At the moment I am studying for my PhD. So each day I have a lot to do and it is part of my success in my studies. At first, after waking up every day, I had to read at least one academic journal on a topic of my interest that day. And after I finished reading, I washed myself up and got ready for the day. 

During the early afternoon, I was usually at university to meet with a professor. With each meeting, I have to report the progress of my discovery and summarize my new findings. The professor will then lead to a funny debate on the topic we were talking about. Until around 1 pm every day, Me and the Professor will go for a meal together at the college cafeteria.

4 PM to 5 PM in the evening will be the time for me to take a nap. I, then, have to go for a part time job between 6 PM to 8 PM. I work part-time as a tutor on robot programming for high school students, who are interested in engineering studies. 

At around 9 PM, I will return to my accommodation to take a shower and prepare to read a book during the night. I often read inevitable academic articles to support the literature review which will be included in the thesis. Every night, I usually spend time until midnight and then get a good night's sleep, preparing for my fresh, new tomorrow.

From what you read, my daily routine may seem boring. But for me, it was fun; I get to learn something new every day. In my opinion, I think university life is very entertaining and challenging at the same time.



4 comments:

  1. I am considering studying for a master degree. After reading your routine I realized I have to work hard at preparing. Because it’s not just only knowledge in classes, we also should be independent learners with self-discipline, self-control and self-restraint and I see that you have all of it. But after reading the last paragraph, I feel a bit more relaxed. You made me know that if it is something we like, we will enjoy it. I wish you success in your PhD very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to send you encouragement in the academic field. Have fun with it and it will pass.

      Delete
  2. Chight, where did you watch The Mist? When I read your review, it reminded me of some rubbish I watched a bit of a long time ago on NetFlix, but I'm not sure whether it's the same movie or not. I usually like Stephen King's stories, but they don't seem to translate to film versions very well. Perhaps it's easier to follow in book because King can allow himself the space to develop his characters and the plot so that they fit together well, but a movie can't possibly include all that is in his long novels, so perhaps that's why I've found the film versions disappointing. His novel The Stand, for example, was engrossing, but I think it was about 700 pages, and that would make a movie that followed it closely many hours. I have the same complaint about the Harry Potter films: I had enjoyed the books, but the films cut so much that they were disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the horror movie with a story full of chaos that I refer is The mist in 2007.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.