Monday 5 April 2021

Earth: an introduction in three parts

A book, film, or TV series enjoyed
"Beauty and the Beast" (2017)

People have been enjoying watching movies and films these days, with film potentially being one of the earliest forms of TV series. Many movies have attractive plots giving a brilliant performance and lively scenes. When you watch it, you will experience such different things that you never imagined before.

To be honest, I am a movie person. I have spent at least about two hours a day watching films online because I think it is one of my best friends that always stays with me. Although there are several films that I have enjoyed, one of my favorite movies forever is Beauty and the Beast. Before watching “Beauty and the Beast” (2017), an American musical romantic fantasy live-action, I had watched  “Beauty and the Beast” (1991), an animated feature film by Walt Disney. I am a big fan of it. I have been watching it several times each day until the lyrics of the beginning song in the movie stuck in my head. I really love the rhythms and tones of the song, especially when Belle sings about her life in the village.   

Watching a live-action movie of Emma as Belle and Stevens as the beast made my dream come true because they performed their roles extremely well. Also, the Beast’s castle and the village are absolutely beautiful and stunning with French Rococo combining with white and pastel colors, which suited perfectly with the fantasy plot. Another reason why I love this movie is because it teaches me we should not judge people from the outside.  For me an enchantress is the most important person, who gives the prince a lesson and without her, he will become a person who is selfish and judges people from their outsides. Everybody has their kind hearts even with the beast who looks ugly from the outside, but is very kind and generous from the inside. I would recommend you watch it once in your life.

______________________ 

And a book, film or TV series not enjoyed 

Six years ago when I was studying at university, it was an outstanding period for  fantasy and science fiction films, such as Star Wars, Jurassic World, Avengers, The Martian and Jupiter Ascending. Once I talked to my friends about these films, just a few of my friends watched “Jupiter Ascending” (2015). Although the scene and actors are alluring and attractive, after watching, we thought the same thing that it quite bland and monotonous.


"Jupiter Ascending" (2015)
Jupiter Ascending is a space opera film about Jupiter who is a genetic signature as the next in line for an extraordinary inheritance of the cosmos. Honestly, after watching it for more than an hour, I could not get the core idea of this movie. Although it has creativity to present highly advanced in technology and structure, I thought the plot was too broad and uncoordinated . The huge scope made it hard to understand which important points we should focus on, whether the fight among the royalty or control the balance of the cosmos. After watching it, I was still confused about its concept and did not give me lessons of the story. The memory of this film that came into my mind was a topless main actor showing off his six pack and the gorgeous costumes of the royalty. 

All in all, although I did not enjoy watching it, it was a good movie to kill time. The sound and visual effects are startling, especially the outer  space scenes, which makes us keep watching until the end. If you just want to watch it for relaxing, I would recommend you to watch it because it is one of the good choices to kill time. 


__________________ 

A regular habit 

After moving alone to the Northern part of Thailand four months ago, my regular routine is doing my
Household Chores

housework. Actually, the thing that I hate the most is doing the chores, such as cleaning room, washing clothes, washing the car, washing dishes, arranging the bed, cooking and buying ingredients. Before I moved here, I hardly did these activities at home because my mother did and I just helped her with some small jobs like drying clothes. At first, I thought it was going to be fun, but after four months I was so tired after coming back from work. I really miss my mother so much right now.

Doing my housework is not one task which I do, I also read books for preparing to study at university
again. I made a schedule for reading all of my forty books a year before the exam and it just started last month. On weekdays and Saturday, in the morning I read a book an hour before going to work. After coming back, I review and continue with the same chapter from  the morning for about two hours. On Sunday, I read a different book from weekdays and continue to read for approximately six  hours. After reading a book for a month, I feel very exhausted because I have to work, do my housework and read books. It is very difficult to balance all of these activities. However, I believe that after I get used to it, I will manage my time and my life better. 

These regular habits teach me that nothing is easy at first, but if you start doing it regularly, it is easier for you to manage time for doing multiple jobs. My aim right now is that I will organize my time, task and feel better. It is impossible to survive doing a single task in this competitive world. Indeed, it becomes increasingly difficult to work and stay alive without multitasking skills.

My regular routine is reading a ton of books.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Earth! 'Beauty and the Beast' is also one of my favorite movie. I think the movie is very romantic and beautiful. I agree with you that one of a takeaways from the movie is that 'don't judge people from their appearance or outside'. I think that is good as it can teach us to be polite and respect to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Earth's descriptive noun phrase "a topless main actor showing off his six pack" to describe one of the highlights of Jupiter Ascending. And while I have to agree with Earth's assessment that if that is a highlight, there really isn't much to the film, I must also confess that I enjoyed it. The story is a bit silly, but as Earth also concedes, it is good "for relaxing." It's not a great movie, if you just want to relax for 90 minutes, it does the job. It's a pity that the story is so weak: the acting was fairly good, and it was fun to look at.

    I suppose if you wanted to look for more meaning in it, you could ponder the idea that alien civilizations create us humans like the millions of chickens raised on factory farms, which we ourselves then kill with no concern for their lives as sentient creatures that are aware and feeling the suffering we inflict on them before slaughtering them so that we can enjoy McNuggets or whatever.

    As I was checking Earth's prepublication version, I took a moment to see whether it was currently on NetFlix, but it isn't, which perhaps saved me from being tempted to watch the "topless main actor showing off his six pack" again. But I'm sure it will return.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.