Saturday 3 April 2021

Nat an introduction in three parts


A book, film, or TV series enjoyed


  
My favorite kinds of movies are romantic films, comedies and historical movies. When I was very young, I watched one movie named Titanic but I could not remember all the storyline. It was my luck that in 2012, they made an original version into 3D and I could watch it in the theatre that time. After that Titanic became my favorite movie ever. The movie tells the dramatic story of the Titanic with Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet as the main actors. Titanic is the name of a British ship passenger liner that traveled from England to New York in 1912. Four days after leaving Southampton, before heading west to New York, it hit an iceberg then of the passengers and crew aboard, more than 1,500 died.

The movie shows the love story of one couple, Jack and Rose, who had first met during the journey and impressed each other before trying to escape from the ship, which was sinking into the North Atlantic Ocean after hitting an iceberg. The creator made the scenes while it was sinking so real. Inside the ship so many people were trying to run out of their rooms to the rooftop floor to move to the lifeboats, but it was not possible to transfer everybody into lifeboats on time and there were some people who gave up and stayed in their rooms inside the ship. It was kind of the last minute of their life. The acting of all the actors are very good and realistic. After watching these scenes, I realized that the director worked very hard for it. They tried to make these scenes very similar to the reality.

In addition, the creator cared about all the details, interior work and ornaments of the ship. It makes Titanic seem alive again. They also showed the real video of passengers when the ship was leaving the pier from England. This video moved me and a lot of people who watched it. The main leaders are so good they did such a great job on this film. Titanic showed a beautiful love story, very good songs and an extremely sad ending but impressed me a lot. I can say that Titanic is a masterpiece of cinema.

______________________ 

And a book, film or TV series not enjoyed 



    I did not enjoy Cinderella (2015). Cinderella (2015) is a romantic fantasy film with a live action adaptation of Walt Disney's 1950 animated film. I am a fan of the animated version, I can say that I grew up with it and I am upset with the live version. The graphics of the live version are good, but the main characters acting and some storylines are different from the animated version. 

     Cinderella is the name of a girl who lives in France. She has one mother- in- law, who is very mean to her after her father passed away. She is a sweet girl who has a very good mind and the animated version mentioned that she is always kind even to her mother- in- law and two sisters- in- law, who are rude to her make her sad because she is a good girl from her deep heart. Her imagination is being a princess and living in a palace with happiness. In my opinion, the animated version tells her character very clearly while the live version in 2015 cannot do better and also added some additional scenes which makes her look like an aggressive girl sometimes. The scene in the palace of the live version is especially disappointing. It should be a huge and luxurious palace which is very wealthy, but the live version changed the storyline of the wealthy palace to be a small palace of the city, and the prince should marry with a princess of another rich city to make his city sustainable, but he finally chooses to marry Cinderella. From this scene as I compare with the animated version, it is totally different from the animated version. Anyway Cinderella (2015) is not bad. It is a phenomenon of a film remade from an animated version to a live version, but it is not enjoyable for me.

______________________ 


A regular habit 

 I like playing a mobile game every day. It has become my habit after I started working from home because I have some free time which I had used for a journey to the office or to go back to my home before. I currently have a routine of waking up in the morning, checking my phone and playing a game then getting ready to work. After work, I also play it a little bit. It has advantages and disadvantages. It can boost my mood and also help relieve stress. This affects my mental health. In addition I also have new connections with people from the game. It is very nice for me to have connections with new people. Some people from the game are nice. We share the technique of the game and share some stories about life sometimes. The disadvantage is it is a waste of time if we cannot manage the time well, and the game will control you if you do not control it. The kind of game also affects your moods. I like soft and fun games such as farm management games or puzzles.

Moreover, it is an escape from our sometimes boring lives. We can forget about all the troubles and get into the second world. I heard some people say that games give us a sense of accomplishment. The feeling when we complete a good game or get rewards from games is a good feeling that we try hard to compete with competitors in a game and finally win. We probably do not have this feeling, or it is difficult to have it in our real life. Some people feel like they have done something that a lot of people never be able to do. I see that games are another kind of art in the world. If we use it in a proper way, we will gain the benefits from it.


2 comments:

  1. I like Titanic too. Even I only watch some parts of it, I agree with you that Titanic is a masterpiece of cinema. After reading your blog, I want to watch it in full to see more in detail you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gubgib, how could you have watched only parts of Titanic? Right from the opening scene, I was hooked. Like Nat, I was impressed by the detail that showed the lifestyles at the time: the luxury of the first class dining room, the cramped conditions for the lower class passengers, and the the matching clothing that declared people's status in life. It's not the greatest film ever made, that's The Godfather, but since it first came out, I've watched Titanic a few times, most recently on NetFlix, and will be happy to watch the passionate love story of Rose and Jack again in a few years when it's back on NetFlix.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.