Friday 23 July 2021

Best: Hygge & Me


I honestly have to say I am not a bookworm and bookshops are the only place which I have been avoiding to go.  However, there is a book called The little book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well which interested me and finally I could finish reading it within a week after receiving it. Of course, I did not buy this book by myself, yet a lovely friend of mine bought me the book as a birthday present last year. Later on, I realized that the reasons why I liked the book is due to the design and also the content in the book matching my preferences and showing some of my personality. 

To begin with my favourites, most of which are definitely food and sweets, but there are some others as well. The first impression of this book is obviously the cover even though I do not turn any pages. Blue and cream on the cover are the best combination, making the book easy on the eye, but still classy. I once dreamed of having my ideal house in those colours as well since both are favourite colours. Next, the book mentions Danes' clothing, stating that the casual one is the most picked style. Likewise, my style goes along with them too as I prefer to wear jeans, t-shirts and trainers, and sometimes flip-flops if it rains here in Bangkok. I used to wear girly dresses and cute skirts when I was younger, but it did not work well on me; I could feel it. Finally, the most important part, it is about food which is actually my true happiness. It is mentioned in the book that Danes do love eating, not only meat but also sweets. Like me, when I am stressed or not in a good mood, I always  turn to eating, especially Japanese and Thai cuisines. On top of that, I fancy sweets like cakes, bubble milk tea and pain au chocolat, and thus my life would be totally boring without them.

Turning now to my personality, it can be said that most of the time I am an introvert. To clarify, I have a few close friends, but all quality ones I can assure. Interestingly, with regards to the book, Danes also like being with their loved ones and family, which is the same as me, too. Furthermore, the book tells me about senses of hygge, one of which is feeling safe when living with someone. It is me who needs protection all the time,  and therefore I love being with my family and my close friends as I can feel safe and warm. I personally think that the most important thing for being my close friend is honesty.The friendship will be ended very soon if there is no such thing. Also, this can actually apply into every relationship. Lastly, I like one of the keys of happiness for Danes, which is to enjoy the moments. Literally, I totally think in that way since I have been living with the present, not either past or future. Happiness can happen everywhere and every time to everyone, starting with self-love and then spreading to your loved ones.

All in all, I did enjoy reading this book and it never got me bored from the cover until the last page. I would say it is the only book I have finished reading recently because, other than the design, not only does the book show my personal preferences, but also my personality as well.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely book cover remind me another book name "The Little Book of Lykke" written by same author. I never read it but its cover tell about happiness happiness too.
    As Best explain, I am extrovert guy but I don't have a lot of friend. And all of them is the best for me. I can ask them for help when I have problem. And totally agree the key concept "enjoy the moment". I use to live with thinking what happen next if I do this. What other think with my action. I live in future and wait for happiness happen for me. Until the day I start meditation which help me to live in present. Then my life is easier and happier.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.