Sunday 25 July 2021

Phum: At night, I become a monster




At Night, I become a monster

We have to admit that every country has their own advantage of making novel, while western really love to create some sci-fi (Even lord of the ring myth is still has their own theory of magic) Indian has their own unreasonable myth of gods that sometime inspire the new era of novel writing ,Thailand loves to make the daily life of the countryside and Japanese always bring our vision inside the heart of city. I am the people who live in the city, so any objection that I will not love the Japanese novel.

Since I was in high school, I really love the quiet place to read the novel, having a few friends, and the loneliness of the written life inside every book will attract me easily and in 2019, it became clearly.

In that year, I participated in the Book Festival Week at Impact Muengthong Thani, there’s one novel that really distracts me, “When the last wish of the dead pass onto me” the story tells about the student that accidentally accepted the Grim Reaper career as a part-time job with a lot of wishes of the dead to be fulfilled. It’s giving me a vibe of Adam Silvera’s “They Both Die At the End” two of protagonist, walking in the boulevard, talking about life and death that can be executed over the fingertips, inserting with the daily life of Japanese students. And that’s what I liked since.

After that I really love to find the book that can adapt the fantasy world into the reality, the writer that I love and follow most is Yoru Sumino, who can blend the dystopian reality and fantasy together, there's a lot of good story such as “ Let there be the secret” is about the group of high school students who can roughly read each other mind with the mark over their head(Exclamation mark, question mark, the mark that can shape into emoji) and the latest one” At night, I become a monster” Telling about the student who can transform himself into a monster and accidentally meet his classmate at the midnight in the school.

The story will slowly unfold the mystery of his classmate, why did she love to spend her time at night, why did she can befriend with that monster thing so easily, and also bring us into the world of the Coming of age, how can the teenager keep their feeling of pressure, about the grade, or maybe socially. This novel can give me a good warmth of despair. Sometimes it is great to isolate themselves out of the real world, that’s very easy for the monster of the night, but not for the little girl

My upcoming is “ It’s blue. It hurts. It fragile” the Sumino’s first two books are about the high school, next step of adolescence is the university, the artificial world for those adolescents who must practice before being adults. Sometimes reading this is such like a review of my life into novel, You and me can be every person in the chapter, the bullying brads, the logical leader, the introvert geeks, all of it will depends on ourselves that who are you to take part in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.