Wednesday 24 November 2010

Safety

Now, many people travel around the world by plane at airport. At there we can’t avoid the Pat-down. Do you enjoy the pat-down?

According to the article,
“Pat- Downs at Airports Prompt complaints”, one traveler was patted down at Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport because of a tissue and a hair band in her packet by the body scanner. At that time she didn’t expect her to touch his vagina through her pants. Like this situation, in the three weeks travelers have a lot of complaints with threatening pat-downs of passengers at airport security checkpoints. General passengers say that they make them surprised by unreasonable and impolite searches and seizures. So, critics ask whether the pat-downs will be the legal careful examination, also legal experts are divided over whether the courts will find the searches reasonable.

I remember that The U.S.A has had more carefully Pat-Downs at airport after the 9.11 terrorism. When I read the article, I remember my travel from Bangkok to Hawaii. At that time officials did pat down very seriously, so I felt terrified even I don’t have any dangerous things. This situation was not the same as other county. But I understood because of safety. But the situation in article, I don’t understand. It is not reasonable and the security was excessive.

How do you think about pat-down?
Can it check anywhere in your body for safety?
__________
References
Stellin, S. (2010, November 18).“Pat- Downs at Airports Prompt complaints”. The New York Times. Retrieved November 24, 2010 from

3 comments:

  1. It's sensitive to comment on this topic because I think no matter what I'm going to state my idea, it'll effect towardly the official.

    I think, if they pat down incautiously after that something go wrong such as bomb in the airport, people will question about the security of the airport then the official will be blame. On the other hand, If they frisk people carefully, they will get the complaint like this topic.

    Therefore, we should learn, respect, and understand the rule of country which we want to go before we go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pat-down it depends on the security officer, they are some who treat you outrageous way and you do not have any possibility to ask for protection. The people are in a hurry in the airports, for transfert, to arrive to the hotel or home that nobody help you in a Pat-down situation. I always avoid to fly by USA when I go to America because of the excesive Pat-down and control you loose a lot time and sometime respect like this women at Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly, nobody likes to be patted down by a strong man or woman officer. I had once in Russia when I travelled there. I still remember they were a big guy with 1.9 metres, big hand and had serios face. They wanted to check me before I went into train station and took a train to another city. When they started to pat on me, I didn't think it was a light pat because I felt painful till I shouted that "soft please". They didn't give me any response. Acually, I would like to complain them why they didn't know to do something like that to be better. Surely, it was thier duties, and we should respect and be complaint, but it should have had a good standard.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.