Wednesday 31 July 2013

PP's academic interests

I majored Economics; however, I'm also interested in literature and history. The reason why I'm interested in these two subjects are that I can learn from the many mistakes in history or philosophers's ideas, and for literature, I can see ways of life in the past, also the magnificent art which I can hardly see that the authors portray in their words. I can also learn the differences the vocabularies people are using nowadays and the ones that are used now. Both western and Asian history are my major interests. WWII is another major event that I'd like to study further.

5 comments:

  1. That interesting! I also like history. Sometimes I think it's like a bed time story but we can learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some may be boring, but not all of them. Some keeps me awake all night. I think it's like a novel, but it's real. I'd like to share some piece of work, if you'd like to.

      Delete
  2. I'm also interested in economics, but these days mainly behavioural economics. I like the work in this field by Dan Ariely. Do you know his work? He offers fascinating insights, backed up by experiment, into how human beings make decisions about allocating resources. Later this term, we might read an essay by Ariely.

    I also like the work of economist Steven Levitt at Chicago University - his statistical analyses show some surprising results, for example, that legal abortion is a great way to reduce crime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read these two authors works, but the topics are pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to reading theirs.

      Delete
  3. WWII is one of subjects we have to take class at Beijing University. Our professor has introduced us about the study of new history of WWII.We could share opinions if you're interested in.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.