Tuesday 19 January 2021

Phon's academic interests

A favourite academic area formally studied

Even though I can not say that I am proficient in English, an English class was my favourite. The English has been my favourite since I was in my last year of high school. I found that I enjoyed English. When I was in high school, I explored what were my hobbies. I loved to spend my time reading the book, listening to music and watching movie. I didn't hang out with friends; I loved to enjoy on my own companied. So those which were encouraged me to study in English. I would like to know more about English. An English is very important and useful for me and everyone as well. It helps me to explore and investigate new knowledges what I would like to develop and learn. I like to set my environment relates to English. The English is my ticket to be a professional and getting to know more about this world.  

There is plenty more knowledge I would like to learn, mostly using English communicating to an audience. 

I am passionate and encourage myself to keep studying English.



____________________________________ 

A favourite academic area not formally studied

I am always wondering how is amazing human body system. Thus I would like to study about the optimal health and wellness. I want to know how to look after our body and mental.
Now a day we are facing a lot of pandemic, pollution and other disease. Everyone is at risk for getting those problems. There are many people who are suffering in the situations. I desire to be healthy in physically and mentally. I am willing to share my experience and knowledge for helping people to look after themselves. 

Currently, The most of population in this world realize that healthy it relates physical and mental. They are coordinating likes a teamwork. If your physical and mental are healthy, you can be more productive in your career or your purpose.

I absolutely believe that if our body and mind are strong, we can create anything what we passion. The priority of achievement is the optimal health and wellness.   







1 comment:

  1. Phon, I also like studying English, although I haven't studied it formally since I was in high school. I like reading books about the history of English, and one of the few paper books I still regularly refer to is Huddleston and Pullum's The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language. Do not buy this grammar - the one I recommend for students at your level is Michael Swan's Practical English Grammar, now in its 4th edition, which is designed for high level learners such yourselves. In fact, it's usually also the reference grammar I refer to first. It has the advantage of being available online, and I believe also an app now. If you are looking for a good reference grammar, I recommend Swan. I also like Carter and McCarthy's Cambridge Grammar of English, which is larger and more comprehensive than Swan and again aimed more at English majors in an undergraduate degree. (Huddleston and Pullum is the sort of reference that only post graduate students would normally need, but it's fun to browse or to get seriously in depth coverage of an English grammar point. But it's also 18 years old now, so about due for an update.)

    Thank you Phon for giving me an excuse to talk about grammars. I also had a plan to talk about dictionaries, but this is enough for one comment. And since you started talking about English, I wanted to share a little of my experiences studying Latin and Greek, which is why I started pronouncing your name as p+h rather than f as modern English pronounces ph — I blieve modern Greek does the same, but I've only ever studied the ancient version of Greek, now mostly forgotten from disuse I'm ashamed to say.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.