Monday 18 January 2021

Put's academic interests

A favourite academic area formally studied

    Hi everyone. It’s my pleasure to meet you all for the first time, So I’m going to tell you more about myself. I’m 2nd year class midshipman and my field of study is electrical engineering and naval science. All of you may be curious why military student like me has a field of study like this. The reason why midshipman like me have to learn about electrical engineering because is because warships literally contain of electrical system such as communication system, combat information system, and weapon system. Although the Naval officers especially deck officer branch don’t have to fix or design all these things themselves, The Naval officers still have to know how all of these systems work. Not only electrical engineering which midshipman have to learn but also Naval science which midshipman must use this knowledge when they’re commissioned as a Naval officer.

    Naval Science is not literally theoretical subject. It’s practically subject which includes of art and science. I am supposed to learn all about physics, astronomy, ship’s handling, seamanship, Maritime laws, navigation, and meteorology. To be precise, all of these subjects can not be learnt by listening to a lecturer or reading a PDF files. Consequently, the Royal Thai Naval Academy establishes Midshipmen training squadron to help midshipmen be able to use naval science as their professional skill. Thanks to Midshipmen training squadron gives me a lot of experience and seamanship, I’ve got a chance to go abroad and learn about how ship's crews and naval officers work . 

    Finally, Being a naval officer is not about going abroad with learning nothing. We, Midshipmen, all appreciate Thai citizen whom we love and We swear we will protect Thai maritime territory including Marine national interest, Democracy and Monarchy with our heart, and blood.

At HTMS ANGTHONG's port wing.

.

                                      

Here is a footage During HTMS PATTANI stationed at Chang hi naval base, Singapore , 2018

What we'd done during under midshipman training, 2018

____________________________________ 

A favourite academic area not formally studied

During free time, I always go jogging and do the bodyweight training. All of these things cannot help me ease my tension from class. Hence, I choose to read a book or journal about history which make me feel leisure before bed time. I especially concentrate on East Asian history because China, Korea, and japan influences on Thai urban culture.

 I am very curious why China always be the most empowered country in this region So I have to study about Chinese history. Chinese history isn’t totally about china itself but it covers two more countries such as Korea, and japan. China and Korea have had a relationship for a long time. Mostly, Korea always was a Chinese tributary state. Yet, Korea are independence countries nowadays although they are separated into two. And I also curious why Japanese culture aren’t like Chinese sometimes despite of sharing their culture during tang dynasty.

For all of these, I wish I could learn this connection to understand international relationship and be aware of incoming events.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nong Put, I am fascinated about sailing. Two years ago, I used to spend whole day on weekends learning and practicing sailing at Nong Bon Water Sport Center in Bangkok--have you ever visited the place? I love water and I am so excited to see huge areas of lake, sea, and ocean. I think that your working field is one of the most challenging ones and it takes the combination of theories and practice which I am not good at it. How did you know the occupation? I guess your family.
    By the way, when you mentioned that Thai urban culture is influenced by China, Korea and Japan, I agree with you and it reminded me about my family. We are Thai-Chinese family and I am the 4th generation. My great grandparents were Chinese immigrated from Hai Nan island and they made a living by buying and selling logging from Pak Nam Pho at Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok. After their business was doing and got many customers, they started a new business as a construction contractor. I never have a chance to meet my great grandparents because they die before I was born. However, my grandparents said that they were a trailblazer of this career. So I think that Chinese immigrants at that time created and shared new way of working, services and products in Thailand. Your comments triggered off my interests on Chinese history. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your study filed is extremely interesting and challenging in the same time. It seem like childhood dream of many people. I have heard lots of boys say that they would like to be a sailor and explore the sea. Base on your experience, it isn’t a piece of cake. Your writing reminds me that how hard of marine journeys. I use to join free diving trip 2 years ago. While I was diving, I realize the dramatic difference of the ocean and the land. Humans have to use a combination of many skills to survive in the sea but we never stopped sailing since the first time till now.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.