Wednesday 11 June 2008

A Bit about Peter

My full name is Peter Filicietti. Although I'm Australian, my last name is Italian. My great grandparents emigrated to Australia in 1880. They were the first people to settle in the area of northern New South Wales about 700 KM from Sydney. There are still a lot of Italian names in that area, but there is not much else left. The early immigrants grew grapes and made wine, but the winerys are all gone now.

My last name is a little difficult, so please call me Peter, that is much easier.
I've been in Bangkok for almost twenty years now, teaching here at AUA for most of that time.

My academic background is science and philosophy, with mathematics acting as a bridge. I began a science degree at Sydney Uni. majoring in physics and mathematics, but then changed to an Arts degree, so I could continue with the mathematics, but take up philosophy and a couple of languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.