Tuesday 7 October 2008

Pat's response to "Drug Use and Abuse Worldwide"

I choose questions 3 and 4. For Q3, I was surprised about the number of women that drink alcohol in India,because when I think of the women, their image should be like mother of the children, who takes care of the family, stay home, cooking kind like that and the men, working outside, having meeting, as the men stay more outside in the social they should drink alcohol more than women, but what I found in the box is opposite and the number in percent of women who drink alcohol is very high.
Q4. I think in Thailand we have kind wort which made from fermented sticky rice and people can produce it at home and it's been with Thai for long time, I think. So that I would say people in Thailand have been drinking alcohol since long time ago but in the past men drink alcohol more than women, I think because of the attitude, women that drink alcohol bad persons. But now women is more independent, they decide by themselves what to do so I think of women and men that drink alcohol is about the same. There are many reasons for drinking alcohol, such as drinking in the party for fun, drink for being a part of the society, drink to get rid out of the bad feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.