Saturday 2 February 2019

Where is a Banksy’s art now?

What I read

According to “Banksy tribute to Bataclan terror victims stolen in Paris” (2019), last Friday night, Banksy’s art painted by the famous British graffiti artist as a tribute to the victims of the 2015 terror attack in november 2015, where 90 people were killed during a rock concert by armed militants at the Bataclan music hall in Paris, has been stolen. AFP news reported that the theft  was committed by “a group of hooded individuals armed with angle grinders”, and the suspects drove away with the artwork in a truck, but now no one knows where the artwork is.



___________________________________ 

My response 

After I read this news, I think this artwork has stolen because other Banksy's art, there are high price, some of there, there was sold for a "six-figure sum", and the brigands maybe think this artwork has a high price. This artwork is on the emergency door, but they can stole it, they cut out and removed the emergency door then the suspects drove away with the artwork in a truck. I doubt that, they cut out and removed the emergency door that near street, but no one heard the brigands cut the emergency door.

However, Banksy's art in Paris has stolen and now, no one knows where it is. It is hard to know where is the brigands want take the artwork to and now is the artwork in Paris, isn't it. But, I hope someone find it soon.
_____________ ______________________ 

My question

If you were Banksy, what do you do?
___________________________________ 

Reference

“Banksy tribute to Bataclan terror victims stolen in Paris”. (2019, January 26). Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47017563

9 comments:

  1. As I read it, I was wondering about your own answer to the interesting question you have asked your readers to respond to: "If you were Banksy, what do you do?"

    Another thought that occurred to me is what we should do about nations who steal the art work of others to put it in museums and so on. For example, the people of ancient Ban Chiang created pottery for daily use, but it has now been taken from where they left it and put in museums. Is this right? What about nations like England that take Egyptian art to put in their museums?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting question. according to this artwork having been stolen from the venue, I think there should be video camera around that place. If I were Banksy, I would ask for the record from that venue security service. Then, we can see the plate of that truck and we should start from that.

    Regrading Peter's comment above, I totally agree with second paragraph which talk about the thing stealing the artwork of a country to another country that we could see from their museum. On the other hand, I also have another opinion about buying from a country to put in the museum of another country. For example, a person in England might buy an Egyptian art from Egypt and gave this to the government; then, the government bring it to the museum to exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If a legal owner wants to sell a work of art, they should be free to do that, even if it means a national treasure moves to another country. It would be very selfish if the Spanish or French decided that all Picassos should remain in their countries merely because that was where Picasso happened to create them. And the French wouldn't be too eager to return da Vinci's Mona Lisa to Italy.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artwork stolen by someone does reminds me of what happened to Monalisa painting ever. Maybe there was an insider helping those robbery. I doubt that how the seller can stay with the guilty of this action when they look at the work.Let back to your question, if I were Banksky, I would be sad and pity that my work would not inspire and attract any visitors anymore. This would be one of particular purposes of the creators.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if I was banksy, I wouldn't go to find where my artwork is. I don't think that it's good to look for my artwork that was stolen because it's kind of wasting time and if I could find it, probably, I would be anxious or unmotivated. That's not good. So, I think that to continue painting as usual is the best thing. Also, if someone could find my artwork, that would be very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if he'll ever sneak in and create a work of art in Bangkok. And if he did, would the government allow it to stay or scrub it off? He sometimes does work with strong political messages.

      Delete
  6. As I read Sha sha's post again with my coffee this morning, I was wondering about that "six-figure sum," which isn't that high for art these days. Some art, Picasso's work for example, which seems to me much better art than da Vinci's Mona Lisa, sells for eight and even nine-figure sums.

    But can a painting, any painting, really be worth more than 100 million dollars?

    I was also reminded of a recent trick by Banksy. He had created a more traditional work of art in a frame, and when it was sold at auction, a device was activated to shred the painting, effectively destroying it. Should Banksy have to repay the buyer and any other costs incurred by those who were commercializing his art work for profit?

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.