Wednesday 21 January 2009

Krich’s response about obama

Yesterday, the world had changed something importantly. This change is president of America; however, I didn’t have time to listen Obama’s (new president of America) speech. According to reading a document that peters gives me in class. I read finish a couple part, but I’m still not clear about that. However, there is a part in this article make me interested. That part is serious challenges; I think obama talk exactly true about the world crisis that people all over the world are facing. And he said only him can’t solve this problem, he want American people help.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also impressed of his saying which encourage every American to come together and solve the proplems. Some people have thought that government have duties to try every proplems in society after citizens elect them. But in democracy, all people have duties to keep their right and solve the problems not only presidents and any other governer. At this point, Obama's speach is closed to democratic theory. I reconsiderd his saying and think about my duties as I'm a citizen in my nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the point Krich makes, which Soojin has picked up on and expanded in her response, that an essential part of a healthy democracy is that the government does not control everything: that the citizens are responsible for themselves, their actions and the consequences, and that the government should, as much as possible, leave them free to live their lives as they see fit, which reminds me of the references that Obama makes to the rich variety of lifestyles in the US, with people from many different backgrounds, religions (and no religion) and political ideas all freely uniting to cooperate as one great nation. As Both A and Krich mention in A's post, it was a very positive note in Obama's speech, and a great ending.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.