Wednesday 21 January 2009

Obama's speech

After I have read some part of his speech, I am interesting in the section of Serious challenges. He mentions many problems that America is facing now but he did not give any guide line for them. To me, It is very easy to say something like "we have many problems here but we cannot solve it immediately. I need time for that". Not only the president of America, but also ordinary people can say that. I think his speech is beautiful but not providing information in detail. According to Thai words, "lot of water in the field but no vegetable" which means lots of words but little in detail is very good in this situation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tuk
    I'm sorry i disagree with you.I think Obama had gave an excellent speech by inspired many people around the world.I think from Obaba speech,he don't need to provide a detail or the important thins that you mention.Because he can provide it in another time such as when he announce his policy to parliament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had only read the speech, I would agree with Tuk's comment on the section about serious challenges: he doesn't really give concrete solutions there. However, as A notes, he has been doing that in increasing detail in his evolving economic plans. Although not the most informative part of his speech, I thought it was a good idea to include this section to show his willingness to admit that there are real and pressing problems that are already threatening people's quality of life, and that that might get worse.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.