Sunday 5 July 2009

Solo life ups gene dementia risk

Today, I read an interesting article on the BBC News. The title is "Solo life ups gene dementia risk" (2009) The researchers said that"APOE variant 4 is the most genetic risk factor for Alzleimer's" The article also tell about whoever carry this gene and living alone will high risk three times to be dementia.Middle-age had twice the risk of dementia than people who were living with a partner. The risk affects those who split up or were widowed from their long term partner before the age of 50. I think this is interesting because I see many people living alone and they are unhappy. They are low activities and look sad. Maybe these reasons make people to be sick. I think those people should go out and meet some friends. They should not stay at home and do nothing. However people who have a single life should be avoid too. We should go out to meet friends,exercise and be healthy. I think most important is try to be possitive thinking.
__________
References
"Solo life ups gene dementia risk"(2009, July 2). BBC News.Retriveved July 5, 2009 http://news.bcc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8130255.stm

2 comments:

  1. I live alone, but I'm not unhappy. I get out everyday. I see friends and students at AUA. I usually meet friends in the afternoon or evening.
    Sometimes I would prefer not to live alone, but it's not so bad. And there are advantages: I don't have to worry about telling someone where I'm going or what time I'll get back, and I can sit up working late if I want to, or watch a video at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you alone? This news support me to find MR right. Wowww...

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.