Tuesday 27 October 2009

Madonna opens new Malawi school

As I read “Madonna opens new Malawi school” in BBC news, it reminds me about people should help another people who don’t have good opportunities by the way that you can help them.

In the news, Madonna builds a new school in Malawi on the outskirts of the country's capital, Lilongwe. This school is built for 500 girls from 28 districts in small Southern Africa, it will build finish in 2 years. She builds this school because she wants to give good opportunities to orphans young girl to have a good school for education, food, accommodation and other support for them. ‘Anjimile Mtila Oponyo, head of the academy, said:"Madonna believes that given opportunities, these girls will become scientists, lawyers and doctors"’ (2009, ¶ 12).

I think Madonna is like a good person because she is very famous and busy but she spends time to take care for children in undeveloping and developing countries not like some superstar that spend a lot of money on worthless things. And I think this it is a good idea to build a good school for undeveloping and developing countries because most people in those countries are poor and don’t have good school for study. Moreover, some people don’t have money to enter to the school and most school are under quality and don’t have good facility for children. In contrast, some people think that Madonna try to make her image look good, Even though, her real intention is to doing for herself for her own good image, however consequence of her action still help society.
__________
References
Madonna opens new Malawi school. (2009, October 26). BBC News. Retrieved October 27, 2009 from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8325492.stm

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. We don't concern about her real intention, we just focus on creating a new school to give opportunity to these children. When I read this news, I doubt why she builds for only girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also doubt like you. I'm sorry I can't find answer for you, I really don't know, why she builds school only for a girl. I just think she like girl than boy. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.