Tuesday 19 January 2010

All-you-can-drink pub offers facing ban

This is an interesting campeigh to reduce alcohol's consumption in the UK,"All-you-can-drink pub offers facing ban:(2010), is provide good suggestion that we should implement this practice in Thailand. The BBC news reports that " All you can drink" promotion should be baned in order to reduce problem form drinking. The author mentions that alcahol abuse in England kills 40,000 people and lost on economy 55 billion pound a year.

I argue for this idea; however, I don't think this idea is really work. Drinker still consume alcohol from another points of sale.Nevertheless,I support that government should increases sin tax on alcohol because government can get more money from drinker to use in national health service.
References
All-you-can-drink pub offers facing ban . BBC News. Retrieved January 19, 2010 from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8465939.stm

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if Earth was agreeing with the proposal to fine the pub or not, but I strongly disagree. If people want to sell their product with special offers, they should be allowed to do that. The fact taht their product is dangerous is not a good enough reason to punish them for attracting customers.
    Actually, I just noticed that Earth thinks it's a "good suggestion", so I disagree with him! I think it's an awful suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I think alcohol isn't useful. We don't have any reason to drink it. Although some people said that they drank it for social relationship, I still think that we can make social without drinking it.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.