Wednesday 20 January 2010

liu' s response

A good poem, for me, is a poem that cover a great deal of content in a very short sentence. I appreciate the succinct way that the poets express their ideas and the meaning that we can interpret from it. For instance when the poet says that he lower his head, we can imagine that he might feel sad. Another thing that I like about poem is word play. It shows the creativity of the poets. In listening class, Shawn gives us a poem called ygUDuh by E. E. Cummings. At first glance it seems very intimidating, but later after Shawn explain the trick of the poem, I appreciate it very much.

I quite like the kind of poems that need interpretation. I feel that they are like playing puzzles, when I can imagine the picture that seems like what the poet tells or when I can come up with the reasonable interpretation, I usually feel like I can solve a puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.