Wednesday 24 April 2013

Poom's Academic Interests

I am interested in food science ;however, I did not study about this in the university. I still like the quote the " you are what you eat", which always come to my mind when I eat. There are many kinds of food that I like ;for example, Thai food, Japanese food or Fusion food. It is important to eat food which contains 5 components in each meal and people should create good habit in eating. You should not eat only food that you like but you should eat a variety of food in order to get sufficient nutrition. Studying food science can lead you to know how to eat and know what is the component of food.

4 comments:

  1. I think you can practice your cooking skill instead of studying food science because food science study about the technology to preserver food with fully nutrition, whereas cooking study about how to make the food and what the components of food are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think food science is not just about the technology to preserver food with fully nutrition, but it is also about learning how to eat in a proper way. However, Your idea about cooking is interesting, I am also trying to cook since it would benefit me when I go to study abroad.

      Delete
  2. I think even though you did not study food science, you can shift to be an owner of the restaurant or a food commentator. Because I believe that you have ever tried a number of dishes and you know a lot about the food.
    I also agree with you that what we are now is the result of what we ate in the past. So, we should think more carefully whether it's good for health before digesting something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that "you are what you eat", if you eat healthy, your body will shows the response of healthy. Many years ago, I was so addicted into fast food, such as french fries, hamburgers, drink coke instead of water for my daily routine. Those ingrendients are not bad, but when it combine together, it became worst. Food science is like you said that is related to our life and health, it can help us to maintain the energy and components in our meal.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.