Tuesday 2 October 2018

JD Central investing with e-commerce in Thailand

What I read

An article from Bangkok Post “JD Central plans automated shop”. JD Central is preparing to be a leader of online retail market in Thailand, because Vincent Yang said that E-commerce in Thailand will develop to 10% of retail market in three years. About planning of JD Central plans to change manpower to be robots, and autonomous vehicles in Thailand. Mr Yang said “We are focusing on customers with authentic products, If the customers find  any fake products, we will refund three times the original price to them”. Due to the idea of JD central, many humans are interested in the JD Central because JD Crentral’online orders have improved to 15 times.


___________________________________ 

My response 


When I think about the online store, I always think of Shoppee Online Store. It has many different products in a platform such as electronic devices, clothes, furniture, etc. Platform of Shoppee is easily to access and order the products. It has many activities to decrease the price such flash deals have many goods that they are decreasing prices every day, shoppee shake shake will make us to play this activity to get some coins, and take these coins to reduce the price. I believe the products that they are almost authentic, but you must to carefully find the stores that have Guarantee by shoppee sign-it makes you confident that you can refund the goods.These are the advantages for people who want the convenience and low price.

Referring to Mr Yang, if the customers receive our products which is contradict to the advertisements of the items the company would refund three times of  its original price. Although the online stores guarantee that they don’t have fake goods, but how do we check these products, whether it is an authentic one or grade A china stuff. Basically, people don’t have an ability to detect the difference, therefore shall we spent our a little time to visit the store instead of taking a risk of an unpredicted quality product. All of these are the disadvantages that make people afraid to order the products from online stores.

___________________________________ 

My question

What do you think between shopping online and directly buy it at the store?
___________________________________ 

Reference

  • Leesa-Nguansuk, S. (2018, September 28). "JD Central plans automated shop". Bangkok Post.  Retrived from https://m.bangkokpost.com/tech/local-news/1547970/jd-central-plans-automated-shop.    

5 comments:

  1. In my opinion, the shopping online has advantages and disadvantages as you mentioned before. However, the shopping online for some products that shouldn't be in grade A is quite cheaper than buying from stores. Personally, I bought many small-size products from online stores and they were in good conditions. On the other hand, there are many products and goods that I don't dare to buy them online such as TV, furniture, refrigerator, etc., herein, the risk is so high concerning their working conditions as well as the chance to be fake goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would prefer to buy it at the store instead of ordering it online because I'm afraid of being tricked by the seller. My reasons are, as I visit the place that I already planned to buy something, I don't feel insecure to buy stuffs, according to clothes, this is quite serious, because the picture through the website and the size which the seller mentioned may not go along as it should be, and for the electronics, I don't think it is a good idea to do online shopping due to the fragility of each device, during the delivery, they could have an internal broken, by the time we reconsider its quality, it may be too late to return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I will buy stuffs that are specific for me only in a store or a mall; i.e. apparel and shoes, but online shop for general stuffs like household goods, stationary. According to the article, I think Mr. Yang has high expectation for growing JD in Thailand within next three years. The competition among online shopping website and mobile phone application is aggressive. Majority of market share in online shopping application belongs to LAZADA. Even though, nowadays Shoppee's shares are rising, amount of player in market is rising. It's really hard to beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be an intrend issue now. According to your question, I prefer direct buying to online buying because I can see and touch the things that I want. The direct buying help me easily decide to buy and compare with others. On one hand, the online shopping-we only see the picture of goods and read the detail. We cannot know that it’s real or fake? However, the online shopping possibly provide benefits to sellers because they do not have a permanant store. For buyers who are very busy with their works, the online shopping can help them to save time-wastes and sometimes they will get advantages from the sellers in a discount price ranged from 10 to 50%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes buy things that I can't get in Thailand online. For example, I buy lanolin from Australia, and when my favourite coffee cup fell beneath the excited hand of a friends young son, I replaced it with a new set bought from England. But as Waleed says, for anything large, like a fridge or TV, I also go to a shop, preferably one with a reputation to worry about. But I've never had a problem ordering online, again from business with reputations to worry about.

    And these days, I buy all my books online, but they are almost always digital versions, which I greatly prefer to paper books. (Perhaps I'll add a related comment to Fern's post below about screen time, which I get a lot of every day in various forms, although least from my phone.)

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.