Tuesday 26 August 2008

'Gone With The Wind' Tarleton twin dies

In the article, “Gone With The Wind Tarleton twin dies” in online CNN, ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) tells us Fred Crane, former actor, 90 years died by side effect from diabetes in Barnesille on last Thursday. He was bone in Orlenans and got a chance to cast the movie when he followed his cousin who wanted to be actor. Therefore, he became a famous actor due to the movie which is called Gone with the wind even though he played two movies in his life; however, after that he acted TV series in the 1960s and introduced a classical music radio program. Also he was running Tarleton Oaks which is his family business. “Crane was married five times and is survived by four children, eight grandchildren and one great-grandchild.”


I've never finished to see the movie, and read book about Gone with the wind but I've knew that this movie is one of the most famous movie. Therefore, although I didn't know many about him, he was a famouse movie star and he will be remember in many people all over the world.

Reference
ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) (2008, august 26). "Gone With The Wind Tarleton twin dies". CNN online news. Retrived august 26 from http://find.netpia.com/lookup/lookup.phtml?com=freechal_plugin&type=&isp=etc-net&q=gone+with+the+wind+tarleton+twin+dies

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I was going to sleep but I couldn't turn off computer because of the title of Michell's writing. "Gone with the wind" When I was a teenager, it made my heart fluttered, I couldn't sleep well. I read the book written by Margaret Mitchell more than three time, I watched the movie more than four times. I liked Scarlet and Red and both are very strong and unique. Most impressive speech in this movie is "Tomorrow is another day". I still remenber the young man sat around Scarlet, maybe he was Tarleton but I have no idea about him. However, he will be remained people's mind for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like J, Michelle's summary and comment on the article from CNN also caught my eye, even though I've never read teh book or seen teh movie. The movie has been famous for so long now that I guess everyone in a Western county must have heard of it, even if they've never seen it. That sounds a bit like a lot of other famous bits of Western culture: everyone has heard of Plato and Aristotle, but most people never actually read anything either of them wrote. I'm not even sure how many people actually see or read any Shakespeare.
    But unlike J, I went to bed before I commented. I have a few minutes now between sipping my morning coffee and reading the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Peter and J’s opinion, he must be a famous actor in that period. For me, I have heard about it but I never read this story before. However, J make me want to read a book or find that movie to watch. I really want to know why she has so much emotion for this story.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.