Tuesday 12 August 2008

Young Thief in Iran Punished by Running a Truck Over His Arm! Fact or Fiction?

I have got forwarding email about a starving Iranian child who had stolen some bread from the marketplace and they punished him by a truck running over the arm of young boy in public place, In the name of Islam! His arm will be crushed and will lose its use permanently.

Is this Fact or Fiction? Who will benefit from this matter?

It’s really difficult to distinguish between fact and fiction about this matter. Many people believed it without knowing all the fact. I tried to check from the internet and I found a lot of opinion. Someone believed that this is a particularly nasty piece of anti-Islamic. The images are taken from a street show. A clever trick performed by a father and son who tried to discredit Islamic or Iranian. However, many people believed in this picture and they try to against this act of inhuman by forwarding an email to their friends without confirmation that something is true or accurate.

If we check on the image carefully, we will see the man in the picture is holding a microphone surrounding by people if this had actually be a public act of punishment, it would have been carried out by a uniformed officer.

What do you think about this?

5 comments:

  1. You did not give any source, and if there is no source, that makes me think it is probably not true, or perhaps it is true, but we don't have any good reason to believe it. I would want to know what the source is before I believed this piece of anti-Islamic advertising.
    There is much in Islam that is immoral, as there probably is in every other religion, but I agree with you that we should not accept the rubbish that comes in a fowarded email, or from any other unreliable source.

    Your post raises a question that is also important when we are supporting our ideas in an essay: it matters very much how reliable and trustworthy those sources are, which is one reason we must cite whenever we paraphrase or quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This can happen in some countries where have a strict punishment for illegal actions. Because they want to control citizens follow the law and believe in some religions. From this picture, I agree with noom because it look like setting the situation and I saw the wire of microphone in the picture. Moreover, I think some forward mail cannot believe them but others are very useful and give new information to me. Also, forward mail is the fastest way to sending the information to another people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I receive quite many email that interesting story with somepictures but many times I cna't find any source about them so that I can't distinguish from true and false. Therefore, in this case I tend to believe them and didn't doubt if it is true or not. But now I'm thinking that they might be not true all the time. Also, I learnt when I read something, I need to find source about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the fowarded email? Is it the same as a junk mail?

    When I get the email from person I don't konw, I tend to discard them.
    But, sometimes I read some article in internet like noom's article, I tend to believe them without checking source. I thought they are from newspaper. Today, I learned from noom's article, when I read new article, I need to check it's believable or not through finding accurate source.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this picture,it make me frightened and hard to believe. I agree with Noom and Peter that may not true because there is no source which is reliable and no reason to make me believe it.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.