Sunday 9 October 2011

What do you think about Apple after Steve Jobs?

When I saw the news from TV last Wednesday  morning, Steve Jobs has passed away after suffering from cancer. He was a man who has changed the world in my life time. I was wondering how the company will be without him. I am very sure that everybody will think the same after reading, "Apple Can stay ahead without Jobs at its core?" on the BBC News.



The BBC report that Steve Jobs has passed away after the company unveiled the iPhone 4S. It was presented by Tim Cook, the new CEO who replaced him last month, and the team. The style was completely different than Steve. "He's irreplaceable," said Tim Charlton, of Charlton Media Group. "There's nobody with his vision."(P10) The investors and fans of Apple have fear that the rivals will move faster than Apple. However, in his resignation letter, Mr Jobs said he believed "Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it".(P16) Many people aren't sure about this statement. "Product development is not just about getting the technological bit right - it's also also about the art of getting the look and feel and the timing of its launch right," Mr Bhat said.(P18) It is clear that Tim Cook has to come up with something soon to convince both costomers and investors that Apple can do well and Job's legacy continue live in Apple.

I am convinced that Apple will do well without him. Tim Cook can't replaced Steve Jobs. They are completely different from each other.We missed Steve, because he was special and very talented. He knew what he want and never give up, that why he has came this far. As I read, he has prepared an Apple University which is the place for Apple bosses to be more like Steve. It provides an executive training program with a team of experts. The idea is passing the DNA to future generations. So I believe he has planned before he passed away. People need time to adjust with Tim and if they love Apple, they will give a chance to Tim to prove it.

Apple have done well before without him, so this time they can do it too. His personality is in Apple.
Investors who are not sure maybe will leave them. However, for those who are in love Apple will stay.
I believe from his death, there will be people like me, new fan of Apple will come to join. What do you think? Do you have other reasons that Apple will stay or do you think Apple will be fail?

Please feel free to give your idea.



References

Can Apple stay ahead without Jobs at its core?( 2011, October 6). BBC News. Retrieved October 8, 2011 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15194356

Three Reasons Why Apple Will Survive Without Steve Jobs ( 2008, December 23). Cult of mac. Retrieved October 8, 2011 from http://www.cultofmac.com/6345/three-reasons-why-apple-will-survive-without-steve-jobs/

Steve Jobs Believes apple Will Be OK Without Him. (2011, May 8).Cult of mac.Retrieved October 8, 2011 from http://www.cultofmac.com/93945/steve-jobs-believes-apple-will-ok-without-him/

Steve Jobs Legacy Will live On In The Apple University.(2011, October 7). Cult of mac Retrieved October 8, 2011 from  http://www.cultofmac.com/121798/steve-jobs-legacy-will-live-on-in-the-apple-university/

10 comments:

  1. Apple is sophisticated technology. I am using apple product such MacBookPro, iPhone4, and iPad. Although steve Jobs passed away, I am not going to stop using apple produc, because I am a brand royalty. I never used to like IT when I pick up iPat or iPhone it is very difficult for me to put it's down, because they makes my life more convince. I use whatsApp application talking with my friends or my family all over the world. Moreover, I can read news on iPat such as BBC or CNN news. I believed that apple can continueing without Steve, because people use apple of the brand and it is well know product. Tim Cook also intelligence it is a good change for hin to have opportunity developing apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an iPhone, an iPad or anything else, but I agree with Noom that all of those things are great. They make life more fun, easier and convenient. I love the technology I do have, and I'm looking forward to the amazing new things on the way really soon, although I might not have a job when machines can teach better than human beings.

    Is there anything a machine can't do?
    I think the answer must be "no" - machines can do anything that humans can do. They might not be able to do some things today, but wait until tomorrow!

    Oh, and I'm a great admirer of Steve Jobs - a very sensible man to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, You are so funny. I really believe no body can replace you as an excellent teacher.
    Machines can do things but they don't have feeling I guest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noom,
    I agreed with you. we are the people who love apple. As you know I only have small ipod touch and my daughter have ipod nano. For sure I will continue to buy from Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glasses, black t-shirts, blue jeans, and sneakers, there are symbols of Steve Jobs when I remind him. I thought he himself was much more brilliant existence than his products while watching and reading his progressive actions. Even though my only Apple's product was an Ipod, I can't still forget the pleasure of getting it.

    What do I think about the Apple's future where Jobs has gone? As you said above, such as Apple University, maybe didn't he make specific plans for Apple for about 50 years future?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny,
    I don't think he can plan for apple in 50 years old because human have limitation.
    For example: I want my children to be independent and success in their life as an adult. I choose the right school for them to study, teaching them at home too, give them love and time. But I can't make plan for them for 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that science and technology are now changing so rapidly that a five year prediction is pretty risky.

    No one predicted 20 years ago how dramatic and rapid the internet would change our lives, and that's only the start.

    Perhaps experts can make educated guesses in their field, but they can also completely miss things, like the internet.

    My predictions?
    In five years, our machines will be genuinely intelligent and hold meaningful conversations with us.
    In 10 years, we will be able to simulate a human mind on a computer.

    Beyond that, I don't want to make my feeble guesses public.

    50 years? I certainly don't know what will be normal. But I'm sure life will be far more different to today than today is to when I was born a little over 50 years ago.

    A nice topic for speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still believe in Apple. I think they have a plan before Tim Cook became CEO. We have to give a chance for Tim. Time will prove him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that Apple has done well without Job. Although Tim Cook cannot replace the extremely brilliant CEO like Steve Job, he has another style of working which may be effective as much as Job's. While Job liked to present a new product alone, Tim has decided to introduce iPhone 4s by using group presentation. This shows that Tim attach significance to teamwork rather than personal potential.

    Apple may be turned from a company which has a great CEO into one which has a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire Steve Jobs because he and his innovation can change technology world and he was a visionary and creative genius.I agree with you that nobody can replace Jobs, but I think, Apple can survive.

    According Plan's comment, I like Plan's point about team work.
    In my view,it's Apple's big lesson because in the past, this firm always promoted and biult an brand image that rely on Jobs not Apple's management team or his team.

    In business school, there is a question.

    Should the company promote and branding the great CEO or the management team or the company image?

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.