Friday 28 September 2012

When I set out on a journey to find movies

When I heard the new trilogy is going to be released, I was very happy but also I wanted to say that I wait for long time, almost 10 years!

According to “First instalment of The Hobbit to get Royal premiere”, the first part of Peter Jackson’s new trilogy, The Hobbit, which tells the story 60 years before his world famous Load Of The Rings(LOTR), will be released at the royal premiere on 12 Dec. Some actors who acted in LOTR act again in the new film which will show in 3D and 2D from 14 Dec. The fund from royal premiere will be used to help employees and their families in suffering.

I’m looking forward to watching it because I’m a big fan of the last trilogy which first part is released about 10 years ago. When I saw it, I was impressed by the beautiful images, computer graphics, characters, stories and more. All of them are splendid and I think it is as good as recent fantasy movies. I was interested in how to create the movie so I bought a special DVD box which includes how the movie was made and interview of the casts. I liked all of the casts especially Viggo Mortensen. Besides he acts very well, he is a political, environmental, social conscious actor. He inspired me very much. Although I had watched only the so-called entertaining movies until then, I started to watch other movie in which he acted. I realized that there were many kinds or types of movies in the world. As Frodo (the hero of LOTR) met his fellowship, I have met the lots of movies until now, such as asking us social problems, making me happy or sad, having charming conversation, imaging artistic beauty, describing human’s egoism or cruelty, giving meaning only by image and showing common daily life. Each movie has fascination for me. Some of them became “my precious”.

Because of reality of the movie, I am often absorbed in it even until after watching it. When the movie made me think about lot of serious things, I sometimes felt depressed. In spite of that, I thought that it was great time in my life. I also like books and comic books, and I can learn many things from them, but for me, movies taught a lot. This is why I continue to watch movies.

These days, we can watch movies in 3D or more beautiful and bigger monitor. It is a nice progress, but at the same time, I concern about movie’s future. Because I thought that small movies will disappear if production costs will be used only for blockbusters and many people pay attention only to them. I’d like to see the future of movie while I keep on watching movies.

_______
Reference
First instalment of The Hobbit to get Royal premiere. (2012, September 24).
BBC News Entertainment & arts. Retrieved September 27, 2012
from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19698562

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait either. The Lord of the Rings trilogy gave me hours of great entertainment. And unusually was enjoyable as Tolkien's books. The only draw back was the long waits between films. I wish they had been released a bit more quickly.

    I suffered the same waits with Rowling's Harry Potter novels, but sadly, the film versions of these were nowhere near as good as the books. I think the problem was that the child actors were not that good, and too much was cut to fit in with the demands of 90 minutes films.

    I like Haru's choice of topic to write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Haru isn't waking up early tomorrow morning, either.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy the movie so much too.
    When a movie was produced from a story in a book, there was often a controversy over the movie that it was different from the book or the production was below audiences' expectation.
    However, I was still always looking forward to see the movies which produced from the stories that I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace,
      It doesn't actually worry me that much when films change an original novel if the result is better, but it is usually worse. The Harry Potter films were not very good, although the later ones were much better than the first.

      One example where the film was better than the original novel is Dan Brown's The Da Vinci code. After all the fuss, I decided to read it. It really is awful. The writing is simple, the story sounds stupid and is not made credible. The characters are not believable or natural. It was really difficult for me to finish it, which I thought was sad because the plot of the story is very good.

      When the movie came out, I thought it was much, much better than Dan Brown's badly written novel. I suspect that some Hollywood producer realised that there was a great story there and hired the best screen writers and script writers to improve the awfulness of Dan Brown's writing. It's not one of the greatest films ever, but I did enjoy the film The Da Vinci Code, unlike the novel, which is painful to read, being very badly written, unlike Harry Potter, which is very well written.

      Delete
    2. Peace,
      Yes, I sometimes feel let down when movie is below expectation.
      But when the favorite turn into a film, it makes me happy. If the movie is bad or different from my expectation, I watch it as a different thing. Then, we can enjoy the movie...maybe!

      Delete
    3. plese add "book" after "favorite"

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.