Wednesday 15 May 2013

How do you cool down in this hot summer?

What a better way to stay cool in such hot summer in Thailand than a freezing ice cream. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Is it ordinary or extraordinary one? Have you ever tried “fermented shrimp paste” (Cuneta, 2013) flavor?

In “New Ice Cream Flavor: Fermented Shrimp Paste”, Josephine Cuneta says that there is new flavor of ice cream, which is made from local Filipino sour fruit and “salted shrimp paste” (Cuneta, 2013, ¶ 2).

I can’t imagine how the taste will be like. Might it be smelly and fishy? I think that this is one of an innovation that people can think of. In order to differentiate from crowd, ones need to be creative. This flavor may be popular in the niche market, where the owner can set the premium price. So, it is a good strategy to do business.

I personally love eating ice creams. But, my favorite one is cotton candy flavor. It’s less weird than the one I just proposed. My fridge is always full of ice creams. They are either bar, quart, or pint. I think it is one of the best ways to cool down in such a hot weather. However, I will not deny trying new flavors if I am in the chilling countries.

In the last couple years ago, when I was assigned to work at one of the dairy products manufacturers for one week, I remember that there was an ice cream free-served in the canteen every day. Also, the flavors are rotated every day. Plus, some of them were not available in the market yet. So, I had a chance to try the new flavor, which was wonderful. Surprisingly, when I went back home, my dad proudly presented me a gift voucher of an ice cream, which was the same brand as what I just had for an entire week. Therefore, I was kind of sick of ice cream for a long time.

There are a variety type of ice creams and various flavors available these days. However, some people might think that an ice cream is one of the foods we should avoid because of its rich ingredients. Nevertheless, there are some types of ice creams that are made from fruits such as sorbet and sherbet. They are much healthier than the creamy ones. Therefore, the buyers can choose whatever matches to their need.

Before I end up with this article, I also found that there is an article relating to an ice cream in BBC NEWS Magazine. Therefore, I think that an ice cream is the popular topic that I must pick up.

__________
References

Cuneta, J. (2013, May 10). New Ice Cream Flavor: Fermented Shrimp Paste. The Wall Street Journal Life &Style. Retrieved May 14, 2013 from http://blogs.wsj.com/scene/2013/05/10/new-ice-cream-flavor-fermented-shrimp-paste/?mod=WSJBlog&mod=LifeCulture

Taylor, A & Taylor, L. (2013, May 11). Ice cream: How much would you pay?. BBC News Magazine. Retrieved May 14, 2013 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22447799

4 comments:

  1. Peace,
    Is the article you referred to, but did not cite, (note those verbs!) "Ice cream: How much would you pay?" (A. Taylor, May 11, 2013, BBC News Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22447799)

    I read that article with my afternoon reading and speaking class yesterday for the economics and justice issues it conveniently raises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid ice cream! (¶ 6)
    What, just because its unhealthy and contributes to the increasingly serious social costs of a range of health problems?

    That would be like arguing that some drugs should be banned simply because they are unhealthy and have social costs. A much better solution is to enjoy the benefits and only take action against actual harm or present threats of harm, not potential harm or threats.

    Anyway, as those working on the euthanasia essay might find, there is more to health to than being "healthy". Or is there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why i read it on 1.44 - -" '
    'ice cream' made me feel hungry of sweet now.
    Back to the article, Hmm the new ice cream flavor from Philippine remind me of some of our sweet dessert,sticky rice with salty shrimp which called "Koaw Naew Moon Kung" in Thai and its seem not get along but we know that it's one of most favorite dessert in the morning ^^

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.