Thursday 9 May 2013

Let's take a bake!

Cake has been known as a classic dessert over the world that most people, especially girls, are indulgent with it. As a result of loving cake, people tend to start baking it on their own.

According to "Why Britain Has Gone Mad About Baking", due to the economic recession and the high cost of food, baking has become a fashionable activity in the UK. There is a Cake club which is established by Lynn Hill, a retired woman who is passionate in baking cake, and it has been growing very fast over the past three years. These new trend leads to both the growth of home-baking market and cooking shows on TV.

Baking is a great leisure that lessen people's pressure from hard working or study and also broaden their's creativity. While baking, ones will mess up with flour, eggs, chocolate or other ingredients which they will be busy enough not to think of work or have free hand to check an e-mail on mobile devices because they have to concentrate on what they are baking. Nowadays, it is easier to bake since there are many bakery shops that provide baking ingredients and equipment, and there are also many online recipes on the internet that you can search for or even VDO clips on YouTube that show the process of baking.

Some people start cooking or baking since they have a deep affection for eating, and I am also one of them. I really enjoy every kind of desserts, then I start to bake by myself because I can eat it every time I like. My first bake ;however, I am not sure whether it should call bake or not, is blueberry cheese pie since it does not use the oven to cook. It is pretty easy that it must be the first menu for many rookies and it is quite delicious. When I have a chocolate lava at one dessert cafe, I am so in love with it then I find the recipe online and strictly follow the recipe. It is better than I had thought. However, my baking is sometimes not successful. When I try to bake brownie but it turns out to be like stone cookies, so I have to throw them all away. Even though it is unsuccessful, I still enjoy baking because it is fun. One thing that I don't think it an enjoyment of baking is washing after baking.
____
Reference

Guttman,A. (2013, May 7). Why Britain Has Gone Mad About Baking. NPR the salt. Retrieved May 8, 2013 from http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/05/07/181932121/why-britain-has-gone-mad-about-baking

4 comments:

  1. It's so you!
    This article catched my eyes when I read NPR today and it comes up in your blog post.

    Personally, I agree that the cooking on TV show stimulates watchers, especially women to cook by themselves, resulting in an increase in spending on raw materials. Like me, when I am watching Martha Stewart cooking or crafting or doing any DIY stuff, I have great motivation to do as her.

    I admittedly agree that washing is not fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuits, cookies and cakes were the first things I learned to cook. My mother was never a great sweets cook, but a couple of my aunts were always whipping up the most wonderfully rich, pies, cakes and little treats. From the age of 10 or so, I used to hang around their kitchens watching with fascination as they played with the flour, butter, eggs, sugar and other ingredients, turning them into yummy comestibles that my brothers, sisters, cousins and I would make quick work of. From there, I guess it wasn't a big step to trying it myself. And like Poom, I loved to experiment with new things, which were not always entirely successful.

    I have to agree that washing up is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I often cook for myself, I sometime found that buying meals might be cheaper and easier than cooking in tiny meal. There are a lot of tasks to do between before and after cooking such as buying and preparing raw materials, cooking and washing dishes after I finish my cook. Even though we can select the quality of raw materials and the price as we want, we also have to pay for gas, electricity, water and especially time for any process of cooking when we cook. So, when I think about cooking, I usually stop myself cooking and go some restaurants instead of.

    I used to dream about being the best chef in Thailand before I studied in computer engineering. However, in Thailand, chef’s career path depends on their experience and reputations that they sometime have to practice and learn receipts more and more,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprise that you occasionally give me cooking tips as once you want to be the best chef!

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.