Wednesday 18 January 2012

Good health, good you


Not only parent but also school always care about the health of their children. In school, we have to check on our health every year. Some schools have a vaccination program for students. And I am the one of them who have been receive vaccine from school.

According to "Meningitis jab 'protection hope'" on BBC News website, a Chilean study found out more evidence of the new vaccine against the meningitis B which is the most common disease of childhood in the UK. However, it is difficult to develop a single jab that can cover them all because the meningitis B is a group of thousands different bacteria. While vaccine developers can find vaccines which include four other major types, the danger of the meningitis B still remains.

Last year, I was sick. At First, I though I just got a cold but two days passed, the symptom was worst. So, I decided to go to hospital and I was admitted. My body temperature was very high but the result tested was not H1N1. The doctor sent me to ultrasound my stomach and the result was nothing happen. Day 4 in hospital, the blood test came out that I was Hepatitis. In that time, I scared because I know it is a serious disease. Fortunately, I have the vaccination of Hepatitis against the B from my school(also the vaccination of Meningitis against the B). The doctor assume two things why I was Hepatitis. The first is I ate unclean or not fresh food. Another thing is I told him that I took an acne pill and he though this is the reason of Hepatitis because liver will work hard when you take too much pills. After that, I avoid to take any pill as I can. I have an experience of careless of myself. At that time, I just think that I want to treat acnes on my face. I suggest that you have to be careful of choosing food or if it is unnecessary, you should avoid to take a pill.

I think healthy is the most important. If you have a good health, you can work, you can play and another good thing will come to you. Do you agree with me? I hope you all guys have a good health.

__________
References
Meningitis jab 'protection hope'. (2012, January 18). BBC News. Retrieved January 18,2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16613608

1 comment:

  1. I generally try to avoid taking pills - they are powerful drugs, and generally have side-effects. If I go to the doctor, I always ask him to explain what any prescribed medication is, and then I decide whether to take it or not. I think a lot of doctors prescribe far to many medicines. I usually take antibiotics, but things like sleeping tablets, pain relief pills and symptom only medicines I often throw away, or just tell the doctor I don't want them.

    Some doctors seem a bit surprised at this, but I think it's sensible. The doctor is just doing a job, mainly selling his knowledge, so he should listen to and serve the patient who's paying him.

    I'm sorry to hear about hour health problem, and hope it's OK now.

    I enjoyed your post - you chose an interesting topic, and the various parts of your response to it were well told and easy to relate to.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.