Monday 23 January 2012

Women' life!


The wedding is the biggest ceremony for women’s life. Absolutely, all women want to have the perfect wedding. Also, the wedding dress is the most important for a bride. It shows the appearances or styles of hers.

According to “Wear a Denim Bridal Gown? Not Yet, but ...” on The New York Times, the first thing to do on bride’s checklist is shopping the bridal gown. Nowadays, the bridal gown has many choices and becomes more fashionable which can appear a bride’s personality. Last year, Kate Middleton’s wedding is the biggest moment of 2011. Her bridal gown is a lace sleeve, becomes popular which designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. Not only the royal, but also celebrities wore sleeves. Therefore, many designers have adopted this trend in their latest collections. On the other hand, some designers still believe that many brides still choose a strapless style which is the most widely beautiful. Although, the bridal dress is more fashionable than before, the color is not quite change, it is still white, ivory or not a lot of difference from skin tone. Another necessary thing for a bride is the headpieces. Ten years ago, wearing the veil and tiara were very popular but now many brides choose to wear some headpiece that is easy and good-looking for the ceremony such as boho halo(bohemian style), silk flower headbands, or feathered headbands instead of the veil but tiara is still popular in the royal.

I remember that when I was a child, I went to the wedding ceremony, I saw the bride dress and I though one day I must become a stylist. I like to look when people choose the clothes and wear it. Also, I always guess personality from their clothes. In my family, I am a stylist for them because they are very busy and they think I have a good style. So, my job is choosing and buying the clothes. I love to do it. Honestly, I am a lazy girl but after that I found out that thinking about style makes me more diligent than before. That's why, I want to study in master degree of fashion merchandising. Now, I register at Academy of Art university. I hope they will accept me and I wish I'll belong to this field.


__________
References

Tatiana Boncompagni (2012, January,20). Wear a Denim Bridal Gown? Not Yet, but ... . The New York Times. Retrieved January 23, 2012 from http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/fashion/weddings/wear-a-denim-bridal-gown-not-yet-but.html?_r=1&ref=fashion

12 comments:

  1. Great Aom,
    Not an article I'd have read myself, so I was glad to read your summary and response to it.

    Your reference to it reminded me of Prince William's marriage to Kate last year. My favourite was Princess Beatrice's weird fascinator (the hat-like thing on her head). It was amazing. I also thought that Victoria Beckham's heels were impressive - how could she possibly have walked in them?

    And William looked spiffy in his red uniform.

    I'm glad you wrote about a topic that interests you. If you're interested, I think your writing will convey that to others, like me. Now you can relax a bit for a week. (But don't relax too much.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I agree with you. Her hat was amazing.
    I am not sure about the high of Victoria Beckham's heels. But I think her heels were very very very high!
    My highest heels are around 4.5 inch. Just wedding party that I wear it.

    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aom,

    I'm happy to see you writing about things you love, fashions.

    Lucky to you, you've known what you like, what you want to be in the future. So, go following your dream. I'm pretty sure that you're gonna do good at it.

    From my views, it would be better if you apply for master degree instead of associate degree because you've got bachelor degree. Applying for associate degree looks like going backward. I mean, if you graduated in associate degree, your highest education still be bachelor degree. Moreover, almost all of employers judge persons by considering their highest education, which that is not the good way to judge people. When I was working, some of bachelor degree employees did their job better than persons who have master degree, but person with master's or higher can be promoted to a chief easily.

    I think you should apply more than 1 university to rise your opportunity to get universities, if your dad allow you to study in any part of the US.

    Anyway, that was just my opinion. The decision still be yours.

    Good luck.
    Pun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Aom

    I have never had konwledge about this field,but after I read your article, I get some information and details about design and trend of bridal gown. I think you have already had enough abilities to study in master degree of fashion merchandising. I wish you reach your goals successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About two years ago, I read the article which was about why white wedding dresses became popular. Before this trend happened, many brides in England had liked to dress in light green, which had meant prosperity and richness. The famous white dress was due to the marriage of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. People said Queen Victoria was a one of influential trend setter in fashion society.

    Aom,
    I think you can be another one, and a wedding dress which you will design will look gorgeous or striking like the red shirt you worn yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pun,
    Thank you for your suggestion and wish. I will apply another university. I'm looking for them.

    Dear Vee,
    Thank you for wish. I'm happy that I let you know about this field!

    Dear, Plan
    Yes, I think the white dress is the best gorgeous wedding dress forever. And one day, if I marry with someone, I will design the bride dress by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aom,
    You have your own style that I think it is very pretty. In the future, I believe that you will be a good stylist for sure. However,if you have time please design some clothes for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aom,
    I enjoyed reading your blog, especially, I like this " I always guess personality from their clothes."
    How do you think my personality is?
    Tomorrow morning, just tell me secretly.
    I also think that you have wonderful abilities about fashion.
    From your style, I can imagine.
    I wish you succeed in fashion field, and I believe you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate to ask, but do you think marriage might be overrated?

    Of my four sisters, three married. Two are happily divorced, and everyone is looking forward to the day when our youngest sister gets rid of her worthless husband.

    My only sister who seems to have had a successful, lasting relationship has been living with the man for about 15 years now without bothering to marry him.

    My brothers' records are even ... weirder. The two who married are now divorced. I very much like both wives, even though one has obtained a court order to keep my brother at a distance. My other brother and his charming, sensible ex-wife keep getting back together for short spells. I'm half expecting them to marry again, but they haven't yet. They seem to get on much better now that they are not married!

    Why do people marry?
    Why do gay and lesbian couples now seem so keen on it?

    Aom,
    I realise this has diverged a long way from your post, but it's my response, so it's OK to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunny,
    I'm guessing that Aom thinks my personality is a very boring gray and white.

    Should I wear something radically different tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peter,
    Wearing bull jeans may be a good idea, especially in Thailand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peter,
    As plan said, how about wearing blue jeans or shorts?
    It would be cool.
    Please, just only one time.

    Mur,
    I think you are the only one who get married?
    so, why don't you answer Peter's askig?
    I want to hear your answer.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.