Sunday 29 January 2012

Why children become obesity?


Junk food is known that it is not good for people's health because it does not have enough and good nutrient because it is full with fat and carbohydrate which can make children and adult to be obese. Moreover, there are many disease that caused by junk food such as high blood pressure, heart disease and cholesterolemia etc. So we should concern about the food consumption for decreasing the risk to be fat.

According to "No Obesity Link to Junk Food in Schools" in The New York Times, the state try to find the method for solving obesity in childhood by banning the sale of sweets and salty snacks in public schools but the study shows that it is ineffective. Researchers compared children's weight in school where junk food was sold and in school where it was banned but they find that there are no correlation at all between obesity and attended schools where sweets and salty snacks were available.

When I studied in school, it did not sell any junk food because my principal worried about children's nutrition so the sweets and salty snacks were not sold. However, I agree with this article because I think selling junk food in school is not involve with children's weight. Some of my friend are fat even though they eat same food like other friends who have normal shape at school so I think the obesity in childhood is from the family who look after their kids by letting them eat good and delicious food without limiting.

From my point of view, the suitable method to solve obesity problem in children is parents should suggest and caution their children to choose the food which is good for health such as vegetables, fruits, low-fat food and avoid junk food. Besides this, children who are obese should exercise to lose and control their weight for reducing some diseases and living in the society with happiness.

_________
References
Bakalar, N. (2012, January 23). Nutrition: No Obesity Link to Junk Food in Schools. The New York Times. Retrieved January 29,2012 from http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/health/research/study-finds-no-childhood-obesity-link-to-school-junk-food.html?scp=1&sq=no%20obesity%20link%20to%20Junk%20food&st=cse

3 comments:

  1. P'Phas
    I agree with you that every children who are obese should exercise to control their weight. However, I think suggestion alone may not be enough because I see that some children are still eating junk food, such as my brother. Therefore, I still don't know the best way to solve this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, these results surprised me.

    I don't think that health considerations alone are a good enough reason for making any public policy, but when the policy is made on untested presumptions that are in fact false, then it becomes positively wicked.

    Sadly, I think such bad reasoning is common in formulating public policy. Someone, often doctors or other arrogant and foolish professionals, say that something is unhealthy and that such-and-such action should be followed, and then an irresponsible government does it and an unthinking population support it!

    The laws banning smoking in restaurants seem to me another good example.

    A most rewarding post from Phas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phas,
    I am surprised at the news.
    Still, I am hesitating whether I accept the result of research.
    There are many reasons that make children obesity; however, the obvious one is related to habits of eating food.
    As Preaw said, one of the best things to protect obesity is to choosing proper habits of consuming food.

    I like burgers. Even though there is a subway near my house, I rarely have burgers because I am worried about the fat.
    Unlike me, because children are very active, if the news is true, they can eat junk food without worries.
    So, I am likely to be jealous of them.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.