Monday 7 January 2013

Air's Heroes

When I was young, I love watching Japanese animation. The characters from them became my imaginary heroes. My most favorite character is Un-pan man which is a flying man whose head made of bread and has super power to help other people in his city. What made I am impress about him is the scene which he often gives away some part of his bread head to the kids who feel hungry or need more energy. At that time, I felt he does a great scarification to lose some part of himself for helping other( although he always receive a new head from a baker after that).

From my fantasy hero in the past, I think the core qualification to become a hero is does not change much but it only become more realistic. I think what make a person become a hero is the strong will to take action to help other people or society. Although that person might face some difficulties, they does not give up and they do not what anything in return. In my opinion, a volunteer in Ruam ka tun Yoo is a hero, a good monk who guide people to the good will is a hero.  Anyone can be a hero :)

9 comments:

  1. I used to watch Unpun man too, but I can't remember it in details. Now I think it's funny why I like to watch Sailor Moon so much especially changing costume scene which is quite long scene than fighting scene sometimes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Sailor moon too, when i was in primary school. I and my classmates used to paint our nails with colorful marker to mimick the transformation scene of each characters of Sailor moon. I love the red one call Sailor Mars. By the way, Sailor moon for me is more into 'beauty' not ' hero'. Although they have super power, they always do some clumsy things while they fight with the antagonists and later be saved by a handsome guy called Tacido mask. = = "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But in later epic, I think that sailors, particularly sailor moon, have more fighting fluency and also longer changing costume scene.lol

      Delete
  3. I've never watched Unpun man. ><
    In my childhood, I'm familiar with Doraemon who always help lazy but innocent boy, Nobita. Now, I still follow the Doraemon Movies because all of them always tell us how to be a hero like Nobita and his friends.

    Besides, when I was very young, I love "Zentai" like Diranger, Ninjaranger, and so on. I though that one day I can grow up and control that robot. ^O^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of Unpan man either. I like the bread head. What did he do when there was no baker nearby to restore his generously donated head?

      Delete
    2. Unpan man has his private generous baker(a kind old man). Like other hero who have secret place for storing his weapons or robots, Unpan man has his own bakery shop base. :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love also Unpan man. It was my daughter's favorite, so I had many DVDs of him. I remember the counter parts are also very cute. Maybe I have the miniatures in somewhere of my house. Now I suspect the producer's intention, because after the animation the kinds of bread were very popular to the children. The kinds of bread, the bread with red bean fillings, the bread with curry fillings, and the bread with melon flavored -covered curst, and etc., seemed to be old fashioned to people until the animation came to be broadcated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also don't know Unpan man but I can guess he is a very generous hero. I'll search Air's hero.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.