Wednesday 9 January 2013

Giant monster?

Could you imagine that you encounter some enormous mollusk in the deep ocean?  The scenery will be beautiful or scary?

Accorcing to the article "First images of giant squid in the deep are released" by Michael Winter of USA TODAY,  the swimming giant squid that is 9-foot  Iong;  if the two tentacles were not cut it would be upto 26 feet long and the black big eye is as big as a dinner plate  photographed in July Chichi island in Japan by a three crew from the National Museum of Nature and Science. This
film will be air on January 27, 2013 as a finale of this season of Curiosity ; more over, this is the first film of live giant squid in its natural state.

Abnormal giant things are enough to attract human eyes. I also remember since my childhood I have been caught by the stories of the giant humen or monsters like that huge squid or whale, but they were just only mythology or products of imagination of human for us.

Twenty thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870) by Jules Verne who is called the Father of science fiction was very impressive so I still remember the
captain Nemo and submersible Nautilus, farms under the sea and the attack by the giant mollusk. Now most parts of the story became normal but the scenery of the squid will be astonish and unbelievable.

I think the three crew were very lucky because they could shoot without any
attack of the life. If they met in the past they couldn't report the feature was beautiful.


References

-"Jules Verne"(7.January.2013)from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia modified on January 2013 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Verne
-" (Michael Winter)" First images of giant squid in the deep are released" (Michael Winter) USA TODAY 6:20p.m. EST January8,2013http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/sciencefair/2013/01/08/giant-squid-filmed-first-time-in-pacific/1818751/   

3 comments:

  1. A truck-sized squid is real!!!
    Wow, this news makes my childish dream come true. When I was in elementary school, there were many media which trigger my imagine; for example, a giant squid attacks on submarines or battle ships. However, I think that it in reality is not harmful to our vessels.

    Besides, this news tell us there are many creatures waiting for being discover and most of them live under deep ocean where it is hard to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video somewhere yesterday, so was pleased to see Jennifer post on this story. Unfortunately, I forget where I watched it, but I'm sure a quick Google will turn it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KN5N1QDaRQ.
      It is tremendous! Imagining that I am diving and accidentally spot a gigantic creature, it would be totally scary. O_O' When I was young, I enjoyed watching National Geographic and Discovery Channel very much. There were many interesting programmes about animal life. This news reminds me of the story of the mammoth discovered in the North Pole. I always believe that there are several weird animal species all over the world that have not been found yet.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.