Monday 10 October 2016

The future has arrived

What I found in the news
According to the BBC News article "China's elevated bus: Futuristic 'straddling bus' hits the road" (2016). After releasing the video of a mini - model of the vehicle in May, China started a test to run in Qinhuangdao, north China's Hebei Province. The road-straddling bus is 2 meters high, can carry up to 300 passengers and predicted to reach up up to 60 km per hour. Believed that only needed one straddling buses to replace 40 conventional buses. Online users of Weibo seem to be very excited about this new kind vehicle but China has not yet confirmed whether it will be widely used in China or not.
_______________________________________ 

My response

I first got interested about this vehicle when I saw the article about it on the Thai magazine called "Secret". After that I went home and searched for some more news about this road-straddling bus then I found many news about this on The Guardian, BBC News and The Washington post but I chose the latest news that was published on BBC News to write about in this blog.

This bus reminds me of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban there is a scene that Harry gets on the knight bus which is fast and can pass every objects even little space between 2 cars. I wanted the world to have that kinds of bus since I watched the Harry Potter. Today one of my wishes came true we have it the road-straddling bus.

Back to the road-straddling bus, I love the idea about this thing because it will help people to get out of the traffic jams. Traffic is boring to everyone especially the driver its painful even I'm the passenger feel sympathy for them. Also I believe that we can get a lot of benefits from this new transportation such as reduce the traffic congestion, lower carbon on the road and help less problems of climate change. As it said on the news that it tests to run in the north-eastern city of Qinhuangdao, China. I'm hoping that I could see this bus around the world in 5-10 years but for Thailand I think we'd take a long time to follow those technology.

___________________________________
Reference
China's elevated bus: Futuristic 'straddling bus' hits the road. (2016, August 3). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36961433

3 comments:

  1. It is very interesting. This is new type of transportation which compensate of budgets and faster. I think that this will cost lower budgets if compare to subway or sky trains and I will faster than the buses because it not need to wait on the traffic. However I think the traffic management, the light in intersection, have to be manage well, if not it will cause another problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that it's interesting but I'm still working about safety but if it's safety it will make Chinese people have more convenience and less time in traffic. If it's possible I'd rather to try it once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been trying to improve global cities' traffic condition and this might be the solution for many cities. I wish Thailand would have this kind of vehicles soon because it seems to be cost effective and able to alleviate traffic congestion by enticing more people to use public transport than ever. On the other hand, I am also a bit concerned about using them in Thailand. Considering Thai drivers' average skill and recklessness, elevated buses are as likely to be crashed by motorists as lorries are in Thailand. When it happened, casualties will be more than just the life of the reckless motorist.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.