Wednesday 5 October 2016

What makes good children?

What I found in the news
"To be good children "
According to The Washington post article "How to raise kinder, less entitled kids" , the way to understand why children act entitled and how to teach them to be more kind and less claim to receive or do something  by the research called behavioral economics which consists of four main point.First, teaching children to care other people's feeling ,don't make themselves to feel to be a center of the universe and teach them to appreciate whatever they got from others and don't expect it to happen all the times. Second,Always remind them whether thing around them is normal or not and they should realize their standard probably not be other standard because children usually have their standard if they see many example.Finally, teach children that they should help other without expecting money as a reward cause helping others with kindness is better.

_______________________________________ 

My response
The article shows us the result very clearly and sensibly and it's make parents what should they do. In this article have some cases are interested.I think if i have my own children it will help me very much because.
In the article "Fear, Reactions, Coping" developed fears by experience that if their parent have a fear of height so children tend to have a fear of height.I think it similar as habit and personality that children perhaps habit and personality like parent but of course some are different .
However, In my opinion the best way that parents can  teach children to be good peron are to be good examples because children like cleanness cloth so everything parents do they will remember and follow parent's actions.



_______________________________________ 
Reference

Karen Weese (2016, October 4) How to raise kinder, less entitled kids (according to science). The Washington Post. Retrieved from  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/how-to-raise-kinder-less-entitled-kids-according-to-science/2016/10/03/1a74fa3a-7525-11e6-b786-19d0cb1ed06c_story.html

6 comments:

  1. I strongly agree about this news. If you wanted your kids to have a good perspective or attitude you must teach them since, if possible, you know that you're pregnant. Also there are a lot of things in the world that parents cannot teach their have to experience them by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behavioural economics is great. They are uncovering a lot of the mechanisms that make us work the way we do. And I think that increased understanding of ourselves can only be a good thing, no matter how much it shows that we are highly predictable, in fact, entirely predictable.

    I think the idea that parents are the biggest influence on children is popular. But I'm not sure that it's right. After birth, I think peers are normally more influential than parents. I'm pretty sure that this is so for my nieces and nephews, who follow their friends and social trends much more than their parents. And it was for me as a child. Parents are important,but I'm not sure that they beat peers when it comes to influencing kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Palm. Parents have most influence toward children. Using appropriate raising method, children will grow up better and adapt to the society in their future.

    This reminds me of my friend's tragedy. Raised in a separated family, her daughter only have one side of her family. I just wish that her daughter won't be as boisterous as my friend is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this news. Children's behaviors depend on how parents raise their children but I think parents nowadays spend less time with their children because of a busy lifestyle. Children raise by babysitters or sent to nursery school so they may not get an appropriate learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that parent has the most influence on children's behavior BUT just children age below 5 years old. Because after 5 years old children will have new society which they may follow.

    After children grow up enough to learn many new things in the school, parent will less influence on children automatically. I mean their friends will have more influence on your children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a very well-written economics essay on the issues raised here, which fit in well with discussion "Fear" of how much our fears might be innate and learned. Perhaps we could use that essay for an extended reading, although I prefer another essay by the same economist on factors that cause crime rates to rise and fall.
    Or perhaps we should use a story for some more extended reading practice. You might have noticed that yesterday I accidentally posted a Classroom question on what we might do for some extended reading practice. The economics essays are one option among several. Responses are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.