Monday 17 October 2016

Father of the Thai Nation

What I found in the news

According to the BBC News article "Thai king death: Thousands queue to pay respects at palace" (2016). King Bhumibol Adulyadej was the world's longest-serving head of state. At the Grand Palace, in the Thai capital, Thousands of people queued up to sign a book of condolences and dressed in black to pay respect to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who died on Thursday. Also, free buses provided for people from rural areas. On Friday, the King's body was transported in a convoy to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha in the Grand Palace from the hospital where he passed away. Former Prime Minister, Prem Tinsulanonda, would be regent because Prince Vajiralongkorn has asked for a delay while he grieves for his father. During this period, people have been asked to wear black and avoid "joyful events". For the next 30 days, flags are to fly at half-mast and official mourning will last a year.

_______________________________________ 

My response
Image result for ในหลวงAlthough I was born in 1997 which is already about 50 years of the  King's accession to the throne. So I didn't see the King travel around Thailand to meet people anymore. What I really sad about was I never once see the King with my own eyes.

“We shall reign with righteousness for the benefits and happiness of the Siamese people.” this declaration, spoken by His Majesty at his coronation the ceremony was his first public pledge to promote the welfare of all his subjects.
Throughout his 70-year reign, he has fulfilled this promise to the letter. Early on His Majesty was inspired by the example of his parents to work tirelessly to improve the lives of the Thai people.

After hearing the news, I missed my grandmother a lot. She died last July.
She was the one who taught me about the Royal family and the King Bhumibol Adulyadej. When I was young I never know why there are his majesty's photos everywhere even in my grandmother's house. She said that his majesty is more than just a King but also the father of the country. My grandmother once wished that I could attend a graduation ceremony and receive the graduation certificate for the King.

Image result for ในหลวงทรงงานหนักFrom my experiences, I have seen and heard a lot of news about his majesty. I know from my heart that the King worked so hard to improve and help Thai people. His majesty traveled around the country to meet his people and explored the country at the same time. After that, the King has produced so many projects. His Majesty’s Royal Chitralada Projects in such fields as agriculture, forestry, and small-scale industries. Rice fields, vegetable beds, groves, livestock enclosures, fish ponds, a rice-mill, and a dairy factory can be seen in the palace grounds. When successful, the results of these experiments will be publicized so that people and organizations can make use of them.

Image result for ในหลวง อย่าทิ้งประชาชนI have no wonder why Thai people love the King so much and I know why I love the King because his majesty is the father of the Thai nation, of us all. The King had left so many things for Thai people especially
His Majesty’s Royal Chitralada Projects and Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy.

As His Majesty said, “development must burst from within.”

I have a lot more to say but if I continued I wouldn't know how to end it. I just realized why some people said that if someone ask  them about the king or why Thai people love their King so much they will ask those people back "How much time do you have to listen?"
_______________________________________ 
Reference
Thai king death: Thousands queue to pay respects at palace. (2016, October 15). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37665762

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.