Thursday 6 October 2016

Will Google Succeed in Brand New Gadgets?

What I found in the news
The Pixel Phong
According to "Google Gets Aggressive With New Phones, Other Gadgets",  Google continues to release the brand new gadgets, which are the Pixel phone, Google wifi, Google Home(virtual gadget that can answer simple questions and perform some easier tasks), and Daydream View(VR), in order to beat Apple and Amazon. Google have changed the direction of company, which build both hardware and software, likes Apple strategy mastered for over 15 years.The Pixel will replace the Nexus phone, which google have never hailed as its own phone, but only the example of how best of android work; and the Pixel is highlighted a highest rated smartphone camera,  a 7 hours battery with 15 minutes changing, ultimate storage on google drives and a first smartphone with Google assistant, which go against Siri of Apple and Echo of Amazon. In addition, Google new Home's feature design to beat the Amazon's Echo.

_______________________________________ 

My response
Google Home
This advent could change the world. Google continue release the incredible gadgets. One of the feature that I think it will work well is the Google assistant. This feature is compatible for the Pixel phone and Google Home. I believe that this could be the best virtual agent in the world because of their database. Even though Siri and Amazon Echo are good, as I watch the Google Home advertising which Google home are better.

However I think the Pixel phone cannot get though the Apple customer because Apple got a very strong group of Apple's fans. Most of Apple fans use Iphone because the stability of their software and if google cannot make the android better than IOS, it is very hard to grab those markets. In stead of that, the majority of Pixel customers should be the Samsung fans, which use the same software, android.
_______________________________________ 
Reference

Google Gets Aggressive With New Phones, Other Gadgets.(2016, October 4). The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/04/technology/ap-us-tec-google-event.html



2 comments:

  1. I like all the ideas of Google though. I like its apps and the website google of course and I believe everybody loves it too. Also in AUA we use Gmail and Classroom as our online community as well.
    From what I mentioned that I like all the Google ideas it's true especially with the gadgets that Google has created. However, I have never experienced them so I don't really know whether is it good or bad about Google phones and gadgets. Although I'm using Android from Samsung which is kind of an old technology now because Samsung had stopped to update it already which I think this is the bad thing of Samsung. Google phones are not on my list yet because I'd love to try for ios first.
    Anyway Google has a very good idea of the new phones that just released and also others gadgets which I think it will be a step forward of Android and technology as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are many other companies in China that have done something similar to Google but earlier.
    This makes me think that technological trend will start from China from now on. I seems that Chinese society is more dynamic and with more innovative ideas than US. Perhaps US is going to be the centre of the globe anymore. With an assistance of technological breakthrough, ideas-sharing system is more complicated and is more globalization oriented. In the future it is possible that US won't be the leader of this peripheral anymore.

    When I think about what world will we be heading to. The world of gadgets is what I expect it to turn out soon. However these gadgets will turn into junks in the end. because there will be gadgets after gadgets. We might be able to get a new toy but then the new toy will become an old toy soon.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.