Saturday 19 January 2019

Ploy(Nattamon)'s academic interests

I have been interested in science for almost 10 years because it can explain what are the reasons why the natural phenomena happen,which sound like reasonable. For example, the rain come from the gathering of  mist in the air. When the volume of the mist is much enough, the rain will fall from the cloud. It can be proved by using the new technology that scientist invent. From the interesting of the science, I decided to study in the Engineering Faculty, which relate to the applying and utilizing the science.

For now, I am also interested in the management field. It is the knowledge that I had a very little background, so I think it is my weak point and want to know more about it. This kind of knowledge will be useful for me in my career part. The management could give me the way to let

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ploy. I was surprised, and happy, that so many of us are interested in science. I think that's a good thing. I'm also interested in religions, but I don't think any of them are reliable guides to understanding the natural world. If we want to learn how the world works, it is science not religion that has answers. In this regard, I also like the Buddha's teachings in his Kalama Sutta (กาลามสูตร), where he sensibly says that people should not believe things merely because he or any other authority says that they are true.

    It reminds me of Aristotle, who was also a great believer in observing it to learn about how the world works. Almost everything Aristotle said was wrong, but he remains a great thinker because he taught how to learn about the world. We no longer believe, as Aristotle wrongly believed and taught, that the Earth is at the centre of the universe with everything circling around us, but he helped to set the Western world on a path that led to Lucretius (I mentioned him in an earlier comment), Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Darwin and Einstein, and away from the blindness of religious interference in understanding reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in science,too. In my opinion science and research can answer question, ofter a firm understanding of the world we live in and provide a stuructured, sound and logical method of coming to conclusions. Curiosity, that manifests itself as a fascination of the natural world we live in, drives my interest in science.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.