Saturday 19 January 2019

Ploy(Waratip)'s academic interests

I have many academic interests ,but there all about environment. I would talk to my academic interests in two section. The first is an innovation for air pollution management because the most of people can't see the air pollution without specific equipment. Air pollution is the worst problem as I know, it's impact on human's body and unclear visions. Nowadays, we got many information from the news and other sources about air pollution that mostly came from industrial development and traffic. Thus, I want to find the way to manage this problem by create an innovation by myself in the way of management technique or build an invention.

Second, global warming is also my academic interests because I think it is a biggest problem in the world as we know that change in extreme weather, the ice is melting faster at the poles, animals become extinct and etc. These causes are related to human activities such as  fuel fossil burning, land clearing and etc that release greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. By the way the global warming is still happening so, the best way to stop global warming is in our hands just consume less, waste less but recycle more.

2 comments:

  1. I also agree with what you have written about global warming and greenhouse gas emission. It is very critical issue nowadays and need international cooperation to reduce greenhouse gas emission across the region. One of the challenges that hinders the way-out is the policy at national level. For example, fossil fuel is still subsidised by government, or the promotion of clean coal technology is still ongoing. Hence, it is difficult to overcome this challenge.
    However, what we can do at people level is to avoid greenhouse gas emission activities such as using less cars or travelling together in the same car. Then, the GHG emission reduction would take place.
    I would say I am not expert in the field but would be more than happy to discuss with you further regarding environmental issue : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to see that air pollution is a problem today. Every day this week when I've looked the windows from the teachers' room at AUA, I can see it! And it's disgusting. My initial reaction would be to build less roads and ban the use of private cars, but that won't work without much better public transport. Perhaps a reasonable solution is to make car owners pay enough in gas taxes to cover the cost of undoing the pollution that they create by driving a car, and to make other industries also cover the full cost of repairing the environmental harm that their products cause. For example, I don't like the policy of supermarkets not using plastic bags on some days: it's just annoying when I get to the checkout to discover that they aren't going to give me plastic bags. But if the plastic bag maker had to pay taxes high enough to cover the cost of undoing their product's harm, they would pass that cost on to Tops, who would pass it on to me, the final consumer. I think I should have to pay that cost. But as the recent riots in France against oil price increases show, human beings do not want to pay the fair costs of their harmful lifestyles if they can pass it onto the environment we all have to live in. I'm not sure how to solve these problems, which a few others have also commented on above, but I think economists, scientists, engineers and others all need to be part of the solution. Meanwhile, I've read recently that the evidence suggests that global warming might be happening faster than we had thought, with reports that polar ice is melting at accelerating rates.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.