Wednesday 25 May 2022

Prang's strongest traits

My achieved traits

Normally, most people can certainly describe their identities because they can acknowledge the facts about themselves. Therefore, this is not so hard for me to explain about myself what my strongest traits are, and my opinion about my obvious character is not very unusual for ordinary people.

From my experience about self-awareness, my strongest identity is the achieved one that is adaptation skill. I got this skill from my job as I worked for a company in the position of a radio frequency engineer, tuned radio waves and installed wireless networks. After tuning a radio project was done, I must move to other areas. This position frequently travels around 70% per year. Thus, I have to change my accommodation from town to town at least  times per year. 

The benefit of being an adaptive person is that I am less concerned about culture, food, residence, and even people. This skill can help me to survive in any work environment and be good at cultural adaptation. I never experience culture shock at all and do not feel insecure when I need to move to other countries. Another positive effect is that I always feel energetic every time I face a new experience. Moreover, It helps me to develop my attitude because I am not afraid to change or learn new things.

In my view, I think an adaptive personality is not very typical since people always feel uncomfortable to change their life. Some people cannot move out of their safety zone, which makes them feel more secure to do a routine lifestyle and can better control everything in everyday life. For example, my father never goes out from his same route when he commutes because he can manage time exactly . Even my friend never changes his career since he feels insecure to face a new working environment. It can make him stressed easily. So, he tries to avoid that kind of situation.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you Prang.
    As I read your essay again, I was wondering whether your adaptive personality, which you explain clearly with well-chosen examples from your life, is ascribed, achieved or chosen. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact, it will be interesting to see what your classmates think about this question, whether they think your adaptive personality is ascribed, achieved or chosen.

      Delete
  2. Hello Prang. Your position as a radio frequency engineer is cool!
    Persionally, I've been working for the same company and living in the same a fpartment at least 4 years. To be honest, it's boring.
    So I am courious if you can chose countries and town to relocate?
    From many countires you lived in, which one is the most impressive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely chose places since the project did not start at same time and depended on project resources.

      Speaking of country, the most impressed city is Danang (Vietnam). Its weather is not too hot, not too cold around 22-30 degree for whole year, and it has many attractive places. I enjoy to go outside every weekend. If you has a chance to visit Vietnam, don't miss Danang.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.