Saturday 10 November 2018

Amm's academic interests

Because I study and work in the environmental field, I am interested in "Environmental issue", such as climate change, plastic pollution, air pollution, wastewater, and waste management. I concern about eco-friendly lifestyle and how to live healthily.

Moreover, I am also interested in social movement and political issue. I found that they are complex topics. There are many different opinions on the same t
opic. Everything is always done for reasons which I have not known before. This kind of topic is always surprised me.

To sum up, I am interested in social topics, such as environmental issues and social movement activities. One is my major which I concern. Another one is very new for me.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Nowadays environmental issue is a big problem around the world. People want to solve that problem. And do you have more idea to solve about environment?
    Politic and social are important too because people have their ideas but sometimes they can't tell or do. If people listen for each other more, it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of it when I was writing my own introduction to my academic interests, but like Amm, I'm also interested in social and political issues and the movements that they give rise to. For example, I've recently been reading about the rise of Christianity, which invaded the Roman Empire from the early fifth century and proceeded to viciously destroy much of Western culture as it spread its toxic intolerance and violence towards competing ideas in society. The earlier religions of Greece and Rome were much more moral, although the law courts of democratic Athens were also guilty of executing the great Socrates for corrupting the young by teaching them to think critically even about traditional religious beliefs.

    Thank you Amm for reminding me of some of my other academic interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your interests made me feel that I have to concern about environmental issue. Actually, I do not understand the deep meaning about the environmental until I have read your writing. It is very important to people to emphasize and solve environmental problems that we faced on everyday.

    For the social movement and the political issue, I couldn't agree more that people always have their own opinions so we should respect everyone's opinions and be conscious to read and watch news


    Thank you for sharing about your interests

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.