Friday 21 February 2020

Mudmee's identity

My identity in person


I would like to talk about my online identity. I don't active much on my online account. I prefer to be a passive user, read other's posts. However, the most frequently appear in my instagram account are the stories about me and my dogs. So I show my identity as a dog lover and I think people know that. Apart from showing my passion about dogs, I think online account is my biography. I like to post about my memorable time or important events in my life such as my high school graduation ceremony. I think it a good way to  keep memorable step of my life and my friends can know about my life.

To sum up, I think my online account display my personality as a dog lover and what I have done in my life. However, it does not represent all of me because I am the one who decide what aspect of my life I would like to show on the online world. So sometime it can be distortion. I may post about happy story while I am sad. Thus, I think online identity can tell just some part of me.

1 comment:

  1. Although one of the images I included in my introduction is of Tung Nguen, my subdependent cat, I actually prefer dogs, but living in a city, I think cats a more practical pets for most people. But I wish you had told us a bit more about the dogs you are passionate about. What breeds are they? What do you do with them? How long have you had them? And why are you passionate about dogs?

    I wouldn't say I'm passionate about dogs, but I grew up on a farm, and my family always had dogs: we had cattle dogs that worked on the farm, mainly Kelpies, and we had a few dogs as pets: from very large and friendly Great Danes to very small Fox Terriers, and French Pugs that my mother liked to feed steak to.

    Tung Nguen is actually the pet of a son of one of my oldest Thai friends, but he features in our lives so appears on my personal FB page with some regularity. But it's only my very small group of friends on that page who get to see those photographs. He has never appeared on my AUA FB page or any of my other online media, where I choose to post only what is appropriate for the purposes of each.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.