Friday 21 February 2020

Wit's identity

My identity in person 

It is hard to describe how I present myself to the world. Due to my character, you will often see that I prefer to be a quiet one. For my clothes, I do not have much in my collections - simply plain shirts, dark tone long sleeves t-shirts, black or brown slacks, and blue jeans. However, you might often see that I wear the folded sleeves t-shirts because it is quite useful when I feel too hot or too cool. When I talk, I usually talk in the same tone; however, I might change a bit when I try to make a jest. In a discussion, I hardy show my opinion first even I have one. This is not because of shyness but I prefer to hear to whole thing first. The common gesture I do is crossing arms. I feel I have better focus when I do this.

____________________________________ 

My identity online 

If you see my identity in person is hard to predict, my identity online might be mystery. I have many name for the online identity; however, I use my name for the important ones and secure it. For avatar, I always use the default picture, as the avatar is not quite important to me. By the way, Facebook and Line are quite popular among my friends, so they are only two places that I replace the default avatar with picture of myself. I rarely post or comment on social media. I think it is not necessary to keep contact with friends in this manner, because we can simply call our friends or send instant message.

____________________________________ 

Conclusion: How accurately my online identity communicates who I am

It is obvious that my online identity cannot represent who I am. With my online activities, you might know my name and face but it impossible to get know me better without talk.

1 comment:

  1. I had knew Wit from previous class. We are classmate for reading and writing class, after I read his writing's task I asked for his contact to keep connect to each other. I would like to asked him questions when I had a problem then I found that he does not usually use email and he prefers me to call so I think he is a unique person. I quite agree of what he did mention in his blog by keep contact with your friend via phone call. It save a lot of time rather than keep texting each other back and forth. By calling each other, we can cut down a lot of misinterpret between the line since text not have a tone like voice. For example, if we answer by texting something too short, the reader will thinks that sender are not caring or not being polite to them. When I work with my coworker I rather call them directly to keep our communication simple and clear.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.